I occasionally wake up absolutely soaked in sweat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.
I can fall asleep no problem but at any odd time I can wake up and PJs,are soaked in sweat. I don't feel hot or sweaty.
In the worse case I had to turn the duvet round as it was soaked.
I can go weeks with no problem then out of the blue it happens.
I would guess it started over 18 months ago.
Hospital accept I am suffering Long Covid so don't know if it could be connected.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Are you eating enough fresh fruit and vegetables? A lot of your posts seem to be about frozen food? I'd try cooking from absolute scratch and seeing if that makes any difference? Could you ask the Dr what they think?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are you eating enough fresh fruit and vegetables? A lot of your posts seem to be about frozen food? I'd try cooking from absolute scratch and seeing if that makes any difference? Could you ask the Dr what they think?

Might be a good point. I do have veg to go with the frozen meals and when things settle I can get my head around cooking from fresh but at the moment I am just happy to actually eat.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sick of having bloods tbh, I am like a pin cushion.

What have they tested/not tested though?
Definitely make an appointment with your GP

If need a little boost to diet, get yourself a multivitamin supplement and a bottle of 1000IU vit D tabs. Try to get out into the sunshine too every day with bare limbs for half an hour if you can

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Been there - although the GP may not do much about "T" given Dave's age, but it needs checking and should be somewhere in the middle of the range for his age, if it's near the bottom, he'll be knackered, and night sweats are common.

Also check for Vit D etc etc.

The last bloods showed I was very low on vit D and I am on a course of high dose tablets (20,000 IU).
Its just 15 tablets to be taken Thursday and Monday followed by more bloods to check how its going.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What have they tested/not tested though?
Definitely make an appointment with your GP

If need a little boost to diet, get yourself a multivitamin supplement and a bottle of 1000IU vit D tabs. Try to get out into the sunshine too every day with bare limbs for half an hour if you can

Doc has put me on 20000IU to boost a low vitD.

Drago

Legendary Member
I sweat like a 70s DJ at school closing time, but that's just physics - the bigger you are the less surface area you have as a relation to volume. Don't feel the cold, but it doesn't take much warm weather to get me leaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
He should take his Drs advice given the Vit D regimen has been prescribed
If his doctor is NOT prescribing K2 as well then Dave should go back and ask why not, given the wealth of research suggesting it to be necessary! (Unless one happens to eat a K2-rich diet which very few people do these days due to changes in farming practices.)

And if the doctor doesn't know the difference between vitamins K1 and K2, find one who does!

Top Bottom