I occasionally wake up absolutely soaked in sweat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
@Dave7 Try not to worry too much about it with everything else going off it's not surprising. The mind can do funny things when it's working flat out. If you can try and keep a note of when it happens and what went off that day. To see if it's linked to anything.
It may well be linked to your long covid still a lot we don't know. A blood test is the best route and really the only route to rule out the low hormone , vitamin or combo of them. Maybe worth having your thyroid function tested at the same time.
As you've got to go back to the GP after you've finished the vitamin D course. I'd tell them then as you will be having your bloods done anyway so it's easy to add extra tests to the blood form.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'd go back to the docs. I suffered several weeks of night sweats, ruined a mattress, absolutely drenched in sweat at night.
In my case, it was my body fighting infection, pneumonia and TB were diagnosed . Once I started the treatment, antibiotics to fight the infections, the night sweats stopped.
Before diagnosis, I was generally functioning OK, working, tired, but didn't know why....and sweaty as a sweaty thing at night.
Infection is a potential cause, obviously mine was extreme but the same may apply with less extreme causes.

richardfm

Veteran
DOI I am a GP.
If you were my patient I would want to speak to you, review what tests you have had done already recently and examine you. Might be something or nothing.

If access an issue, put it in writing to your GP. Bypasses reception
Our surgery has an e-consult service. You fill in a form online, attaching photos if you want. It is seen by a GP and you get a response by the end of the next day. I have used it to get a diagnosis and have a prescription issued. It saves all the hassle of getting in a phone queue at 8am or a physical queue at the surgery.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Our surgery has an e-consult service. You fill in a form online, attaching photos if you want. It is seen by a GP and you get a response by the end of the next day. I have used it to get a diagnosis and have a prescription issued. It saves all the hassle of getting in a phone queue at 8am or a physical queue at the surgery.

we have the same

PK99

Legendary Member
DOI I am a GP.
If you were my patient I would want to speak to you, review what tests you have had done already recently and examine you. Might be something or nothing.

If access an issue, put it in writing to your GP. Bypasses reception

I am not a doctor but would echo that advice.

It might be nothing
It might be something and nothing
It might be something serious.
It needs checking out.

Also echo writing letter to GP. Be specific and say you are worried.
A letter goes in your file ie there is more of an incentive to check you out

All uphill

Still rolling along
Doesn't your practice have online booking for non same day appointments?
Is it a very small practice? You should lobby for them to introduce - does your practice have a patient forum? I don't think I have ever had an issue getting an appointment within a reasonable timeframe (a few weeks) and always have got a telephone appt for same day urgent stuff.
Mine has a dozen GPs probably (there are a fair few GP registrars as it's part of a training programme and several of the old partners seem to have retired in the last few years, no great loss to be honest!)

I seem to recall reading that the Govt is trying to do away with call at 8am practices?

Crikey!

I almost feel guilty that on the rare occasions I have needed to see a GP I get a phone consultation within 24 hours and face to face, if needed, within a couple of days.

vickster

Legendary Member
Crikey!

I almost feel guilty that on the rare occasions I have needed to see a GP I get a phone consultation within 24 hours and face to face, if needed, within a couple of days.
I would too if I feel it's urgent, this is online booking for something routine/non urgent

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My wife has been unwell for a while and it is next to impossible to contact or book her GP. They have thrown up all the barriers. She's currently running out of important medication. Her GP should have her notes from the consultant and should be able to prescribe. She's been trying all week to get in touch but they won't respond by phone.

My own GP in contrast is merely incredibly difficult to contact.

It's utterly hopeless.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good service from GP here in general.

Easy to get through to receptionist, generally get a triage call back, if needed, within the hour and they get you in same day if it is, or could be, urgent.

Not bad considering the whole practice of 8 or so doctors all work p/t either 2 or 3 days per week.

Do f/t doctors exust anymore?

@Dave7 is 111 an option?

D

Deleted member 1258

Good service from GP here in general.

Easy to get through to receptionist, generally get a triage call back, if needed, within the hour and they get you in same day if it is, or could be, urgent.

Not bad considering the whole practice of 8 or so doctors all work p/t either 2 or 3 days per week.

Do f/t doctors exust anymore?

@Dave7 is 111 an option?

I've used the online 111 service in the past successfully.

https://111.nhs.uk/

Top Bottom