I often say drivers should film bad cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Brandane said:
Re the video taken in Europe somewhere. What kind of sad people would travel up a spectacular mountain pass like that, while spending the whole time recording the event?? So they can watch it when they get home or what? Why not just enjoy the real thing while you're there :smile:. A bit like people who go to see live bands and spend the whole concert recording it. Why don't they just buy a DVD? Saddos....
From the clip it seemed the passenger was filming it. Looks like a UK driver abroad in a UK set-up car.

Oh and that "lawyer", what a tool.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Good, I'm totally happy for drivers to be filming us cyclists. Pity he's mistaken about the cyclepath and roundabout - but hey, it's an opportunity to educate. Let's be nice to the chap, btw.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:
Good, I'm totally happy for drivers to be filming us cyclists. Pity he's mistaken about the cyclepath and roundabout - but hey, it's an opportunity to educate. Let's be nice to the chap, btw.

I can agree with that. He isnt coming from an antogonistic stance as far as I can see, he's just a little ill-informed or confused on the rules. I'm sure we all get like that. :smile:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
BentMikey said:

I think people should be nice and there might be the opportunity to educate but rather like the ITV programme last night it's not just a slight disagreement it is a major disagreement. Roundabouts are by definition about waiting and giving way if traffic levels dictate.

thomas

the tank engine
downfader said:
I can agree with that. He isnt coming from an antogonistic stance as far as I can see, he's just a little ill-informed or confused on the rules. I'm sure we all get like that. :sad:

Just to point out my comments were entirely in this vain. I started off agreeing with his criticisms of the RLJers and how I disagreed with his other view. This seems to be similar to what the helmet camera crowd here do....even if he is mistaken in the first part.

Some people on youtube seem to post slightly spitful videos on cyclists "behaving badly". I've no problem antagonising them a little bit...they bring it upon themselves. This guy just needs to see that cyclists aren't all that bad. Has anyone messaged him a link to this thread? Maybe get him involved?

ketka82uk said:
Looks like he removed your comment, thomas!

Nothing like free speech.

Don't motorists know that Cycle Lanes are optional?

I saw that...why shouldn't cyclist be on rounderbout?

(2nd Video) Stupid toy blocking the view (only by a little bit) IMHO but I wouldn't have it there.Perhaps it just looks worse via camera angle.

I mean I agree it shouldn't get abusive but even though I generally use cycle lanes as I say it is optional.

Don't motons know the rules?

jonredhornet said:
You can post comments on his home page channel, I've just added one myself.

Annoys the hell out of me when people moderate comments, free speech is sacrosanct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sentinel585

There are sometimes good reason though. I got significant amounts abuse in the past on some of my videos, so I set the comments to be vetted by me. I am used to it now and it isn't quite as bad so my newer videos don't have any vetting. The old ones still have it, just because I have't had time to remove it yet!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
jonredhornet said:
You can post comments on his home page channel, I've just added one myself.

Annoys the hell out of me when people moderate comments, free speech is sacrosanct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sentinel585

I had to set "pending" on a fair few of my vids to start with. I got a lot of threats and abusive nonsense, and what was worse imo were the idiots making up laws to say I'd broken them. Like "cyclists have to give way to cars at traffic islands":laugh:

Anyway another day another vid:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA6_FOWgFlg
Impatient cyclist cant wait 2 seconds. Watch the wobble. I think the videographer is either a bus driver or rides on them often.

Like "cyclists have to give way to cars at traffic islands.

Sometimes I do anyway as I don't trust some of the comedians behind me.A few seconds delay is not a problem for me.

Top Bottom