I often say drivers should film bad cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I too have put a comment on the first video, saying pretty much the same thing, what's wrong with the cyclist on the roundabout?, and like all the others, it's 'pending'...:biggrin:

Not being very sure how youtube works, what happens next? Will I get an E-mail if he chooses to 'reject' my comment? If he fails even to 'review' it after a reasonable period of time, can one complain to Youtube?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
661-Pete said:
I too have put a comment on the first video, saying pretty much the same thing, what's wrong with the cyclist on the roundabout?, and like all the others, it's 'pending'...:biggrin:

Not being very sure how youtube works, what happens next? Will I get an E-mail if he chooses to 'reject' my comment? If he fails even to 'review' it after a reasonable period of time, can one complain to Youtube?

Please bear in mind that he has the right to allow the comments through that he wants to. Thats how youtube works. Also if you look at his profile you may find that he hasnt logged in since he uploaded.

You wont be notified if he approves/rejects it either.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I've commented too - much the same as previous peeps by the sounds of it i.e. nothing wrong with the roundabout, no legal requirement to be on cycle path/lane (and to please check out his facts for this) and to say that I too hate RLJers in/on any transport. I also complimented him/her on their camera setup - very clear picture... guess it's easier to get this from a car when the camers nice and dry etc. :biggrin:;)

Sh4rkyBloke said:
I've commented too - much the same as previous peeps by the sounds of it i.e. nothing wrong with the roundabout, no legal requirement to be on cycle path/lane (and to please check out his facts for this) and to say that I too hate RLJers in/on any transport. I also complimented him/her on their camera setup - very clear picture... guess it's easier to get this from a car when the camers nice and dry etc. :biggrin:;)

Hey Sharky,

Your comment has been accepted, but no-one else has. Do you have a 'special' relationship with this chap?:biggrin::angry:

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
Hey Sharky,

Your comment has been accepted, but no-one else has. Do you have a 'special' relationship with this chap?:biggrin::biggrin:

hmmm...my comments spread over a few comments, so he could of filtered the RLJing ones from the bit about him being wrong at the start. HMMm!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Maybe you guys shouldn't have assumed he has no life like us lot? He probably had a brill family Sunday, went out, had a good time, whilst us lot have nothing better to do than hang out on the internet?

BentMikey said:
Maybe you guys shouldn't have assumed he has no life like us lot? He probably had a brill family Sunday, went out, had a good time, whilst us lot have nothing better to do than hang out on the internet?

Speak for yourself, sincerely hope that was tongue in cheek, we were out going round roundabouts [on the road] and clocking up the miles [not all going round roundabouts].
Seriously though, it's just starting to get a bit tedious this tit for tat stuff with who can do a better job at portraying the "other" side as having the worst behaviour.
If we are going to win this one, please let's start by stopping giving the motorists so much ammunition. If only it was that simple, a recent thread on Bike Radar was on RLJ's and from what I could see it was a fairly even split between [mainly London] cyclists about whether it was ok or not to RLJ. If it is a case of not only having to defend myself against motorists but also fighting against cyclists then I don't see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. ;)

Origamist

Legendary Member
totallyfixed said:
If we are going to win this one, please let's start by stopping giving the motorists so much ammunition. If only it was that simple, a recent thread on Bike Radar was on RLJ's and from what I could see it was a fairly even split between [mainly London] cyclists about whether it was ok or not to RLJ. If it is a case of not only having to defend myself against motorists but also fighting against cyclists then I don't see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. :wacko:

Many people do appear to view commuting on a bicycle as akin to entering a traffic combat zone and the CycleChat commuting forum unsurprisingly amplifies this gladiatorial aspect (the language is often telling: “cut and thrust”, “fighting”, “ammunition”, “cagers” etc – some muppet even invoked von Moltke). As such, this board often feels like a low-rent Colosseum where cyclists argue/debate to the bitter, monotonous end in a cul-de-sac. Cyclists are a subculture and we often behave like a subculture...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Origamist said:
Many people do appear to view commuting on a bicycle as akin to entering a traffic combat zone and the CycleChat commuting forum unsurprisingly amplifies this gladiatorial aspect (the language is often telling: “cut and thrust”, “fighting”, “ammunition”, “cagers” etc – some muppet even invoked von Moltke). As such, this board often feels like a low-rent Colosseum where cyclists argue/debate to the bitter, monotonous end in a cul-de-sac. Cyclists are a subculture and we often behave like a subculture...

;) That's absolutely right.

Origamist said:

Much more eloquently written than I could manage. As a cyclist I feel like I should have the moral high ground, an increasingly difficult and often impossible stance to take with motoring friends who cite RLJ's, no lights, dark clothing, cyling on pavements etc etc etc.
The old arguements about how much more dangerous a car is, are starting to wear a bit thin because of the stupidity of a relative few. Yes, we know the truth, but the media will nearly always side with the motorists simply because the readership / viewers are mostly car drivers. It's not exactly rocket science.
How do we deter these "cyclists" from giving the rest of us a bad name?
More police on bikes, name and shame.......what?

jmaccyd

totallyfixed said:
Much more eloquently written than I could manage. As a cyclist I feel like I should have the moral high ground, an increasingly difficult and often impossible stance to take with motoring friends who cite RLJ's, no lights, dark clothing, cyling on pavements etc etc etc.
The old arguements about how much more dangerous a car is, are starting to wear a bit thin because of the stupidity of a relative few. Yes, we know the truth, but the media will nearly always side with the motorists simply because the readership / viewers are mostly car drivers. It's not exactly rocket science.
How do we deter these "cyclists" from giving the rest of us a bad name?
More police on bikes, name and shame.......what?

Crickey! I wondered if it was only me that feel like some people actually want the roads to be like some long running Tom and Jerry cartoon. The answer, a mass fining campaign of ALL road users that behave like idiots, and use the cash raised to imporve the facilties for the majority who just want to get around with the minimium of problems. Lets make fining revenue raising to imporve the facilities for the people that want to be decent.

BigSteev

I notice that he has now added a comment in reply and *shock horror* it doesn't seem to have descended into a free-for-all abuse session. How refreshing.

Top Bottom