I phoned 101. I might as well not have bothered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5222746, member: 9609"]seems a very strange answer to the question I asked, may be you meant to ask someone else ?
I never mentioned new laws or having them repealed[/QUOTE]
So what did you mean when you say (in response to @Julia9054's comment that we now have a lot more laws for them to police) that the Police
[QUOTE 5222574, member: 9609"]have got themselves bogged down in their own nonsense ?[/QUOTE]

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I posted this yesterday in the confrontational thread.
"And by sheer coincidence i've had another confrontation today. Soon after posting the above message i went for a walk like i do most days,in the local cemetery. There are a few "winos" who've been using the place to go about their activity. I happened to notice one of the winos having a pee where he sat. He just lobbed it out and peed there and then. Should i say something or let it go i thought to myself. No,something has to be said i thought. So i said to the offender that it wasn't a nice thing to do,peeing like that in a cemetery. The offender then launched into a tirade of threats and swearing. Again,in my state i had to back down. I decided to phone 101. I shouldn't have bothered! They operator asked more questions about me than the winos. After about 15 minutes of waffle,i asked if they were sending the cops out to have a word with them."We'll see what we can do" said the operator. I hung around in the cemetery for about 90 minutes,but the boys in blue didn't arrive. What was the point i thought. Now i know why folk take the law into their own hands. Hopefully the gobby wino will upset the wrong one one day and he'll get a slap".

I thought i might've got a few replies about the plod not turning up. Anyway,i've decided to seek answers from my fellow CCers. I'm just not happy! Like i said above,the conversation took about 15 minutes. I know i've posted a few times about my speech problem,but yesterday it was pushed to the limit. The conversation was near to a main road so i not only had to spell many words out to the operator who took the calls,but i also had difficulty hearing her timid child like voice. When i say child like i mean she sounded like she was on work experience. She spoke very quietly and to make matters worse i don't think she could spell very well. Anyway,the gist of my thread is about the lack of response to my 101 call. After the call i stood back,still in the cemetery but away from the offenders,waiting for the police to arrive. 90 minutes later no one turned up so i left. Then later in the day i got talking to a woman who told me she'd been subjected to similar abuse off them after asking them not to throw their plastic cider bottles around the place. Why didn't the police go to the cemetery and at least have a word with these anti social gits?! They tell us that we shouldn't take the law into our own hands and instead let the police and courts do the job,but if they don't then folk will either grumble and walk away or take actions into their own hands like giving these "winos" a good beating.
The operator asked me my DOB,my address,the height of the offenders,their build,their hair colour,what they were wearing,what they were drinking etc etc,but why?! Nothing was done about them! I felt like she would've passed the info' onto some coppers and they'd have laughed and thought "We have better thing to do than sort a few cider heads out". If that's the case why didn't the operator just say at the beginning of my call something like "Sorry,but we don't respond to trivial incidents,so it's up to you how you deal with it". It would've saved me 15 minutes of torture!:cursing:

Edited above to save anyone else ...
I posted this the confrontational thread. I shouldn't have bothered! What was the point i thought. Anyway,i've decided to seek answers from my fellow CCers. I'm just not happy!

[QUOTE 5222976, member: 9609"]it was clearly a question, hence the question mark![/QUOTE]
Oh, OK.
No, I don't think that the police "have got themselves bogged down in their own nonsense ?"
Does that answer it?

Crankarm

Guru
I posted this yesterday in the confrontational thread.
"And by sheer coincidence i've had another confrontation today. Soon after posting the above message i went for a walk like i do most days,in the local cemetery. There are a few "winos" who've been using the place to go about their activity. I happened to notice one of the winos having a pee where he sat. He just lobbed it out and peed there and then. Should i say something or let it go i thought to myself. No,something has to be said i thought. So i said to the offender that it wasn't a nice thing to do,peeing like that in a cemetery. The offender then launched into a tirade of threats and swearing. Again,in my state i had to back down. I decided to phone 101. I shouldn't have bothered! They operator asked more questions about me than the winos. After about 15 minutes of waffle,i asked if they were sending the cops out to have a word with them."We'll see what we can do" said the operator. I hung around in the cemetery for about 90 minutes,but the boys in blue didn't arrive. What was the point i thought. Now i know why folk take the law into their own hands. Hopefully the gobby wino will upset the wrong one one day and he'll get a slap".

I thought i might've got a few replies about the plod not turning up. Anyway,i've decided to seek answers from my fellow CCers. I'm just not happy! Like i said above,the conversation took about 15 minutes. I know i've posted a few times about my speech problem,but yesterday it was pushed to the limit. The conversation was near to a main road so i not only had to spell many words out to the operator who took the calls,but i also had difficulty hearing her timid child like voice. When i say child like i mean she sounded like she was on work experience. She spoke very quietly and to make matters worse i don't think she could spell very well. Anyway,the gist of my thread is about the lack of response to my 101 call. After the call i stood back,still in the cemetery but away from the offenders,waiting for the police to arrive. 90 minutes later no one turned up so i left. Then later in the day i got talking to a woman who told me she'd been subjected to similar abuse off them after asking them not to throw their plastic cider bottles around the place. Why didn't the police go to the cemetery and at least have a word with these anti social gits?! They tell us that we shouldn't take the law into our own hands and instead let the police and courts do the job,but if they don't then folk will either grumble and walk away or take actions into their own hands like giving these "winos" a good beating.
The operator asked me my DOB,my address,the height of the offenders,their build,their hair colour,what they were wearing,what they were drinking etc etc,but why?! Nothing was done about them! I felt like she would've passed the info' onto some coppers and they'd have laughed and thought "We have better thing to do than sort a few cider heads out". If that's the case why didn't the operator just say at the beginning of my call something like "Sorry,but we don't respond to trivial incidents,so it's up to you how you deal with it". It would've saved me 15 minutes of torture!:cursing:

Don't worry Accy you can bask in the warm glow knowing that these wasters will soon be dead from alcohol poisoning or drug overdose. They are in the right place a grave yard.

I should imagine it was a busy weekend for the police being such an unseasonably warm one. Your average chav would have been as drunk as a skunk or as high as a kite. Meaning they invariably become a lot more violent. On saturday I saw two guys having a heated argument on a house boat, then threats to kill, clearly drunk or high, then pushing and a shoving, then fighting, then defending themselves with weapons, one had what appeared to be a huge circular saw blade trying to defend himself, although cannot be sure, then the other guy who was making threats to kill attacked the other with a huge wrench hitting his victim on the head. This injured guy stumbled. There was blood every where all over his shirtless upper body and arms. From the very aggressive and slurred shouting they all sounded as if they were very drunk, the wench too who was still inside the house boat and who was screaming her head off over whom they seemed to be arguing. He tried to attack her as well. Doors slamming and being slammed.Then the attacker with one huge lunge pushed the injured guy into a river from which he didn't emerge. I chose NOT to get involved, but did call 999 for an ambulance as I figured a few plasters might be needed. An air ambulance arrived soon after with about 10 police cars, dog vans and forensic vans, a full house you might say. They stayed pretty much the whole day. It was a hot day and a lot a people were just in shorts and sporting bright prawn pink sunburn. Thank fully the police did not approach me to see if I saw anything which I didn't. Absolutely nothing. Given the severity of the attack and the urgency of the matter I think the 999 operator dispensed with pleasantries. I don't recall being asked my name, address, dob, etc. Just where the incident was taking place, what was happening and was I safe.

Then driving home two vehicles decided to play vehicle jousting on the A12. A flat bed pick up that was being driven by a psychopath who wanted to get by a small van in front, dangerously tailgating them, then decided to accycelerate into the rear of the vehicle in front trying to force him off the road, bang, crack, damage, neither pulling over, but the truck continued to try to batter the other vehicle Dukes of Hazard style. Mental. Nutters. So this is what the police have to deal with on any hot drunken weekend. The police are probably hoping for a long cold wet summer. Just joking. Maybe not. So some one desecrating a graveyard is rather low on their list of priorities. In fact it might be viewed as taking the p155. So I guess the response you got was to basically record your details and log you as a time waster, not quite as bad as the people who dialled 999 when they found their local KFC was closed but not far off. Only kidding. All is good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't worry Accy you can bask in the warm glow knowing that these wasters will soon be dead from alcohol poisoning or drug overdose. They are in the right place a grave yard.

I should imagine it was a busy weekend for the police being such an unseasonably warm one. Your average chav would have been as drunk as a skunk or as high as a kite. Meaning they invariably become a lot more violent. On saturday I saw two guys having a heated argument on a house boat, then threats to kill, clearly drunk or high, then pushing and a shoving, then fighting, then defending themselves with weapons, one had what appeared to be a huge circular saw blade trying to defend himself, although cannot be sure, then the other guy who was making threats to kill attacked the other with a huge wrench hitting his victim on the head. This injured guy stumbled. There was blood every where all over his shirtless upper body and arms. From the very aggressive and slurred shouting they all sounded as if they were very drunk, the wench too who was still inside the house boat and who was screaming her head off over whom they seemed to be arguing. He tried to attack her as well. Doors slamming and being slammed.Then the attacker with one huge lunge pushed the injured guy into a river from which he didn't emerge. I chose NOT to get involved, but did call 999 for an ambulance as I figured a few plasters might be needed. An air ambulance arrived soon after with about 10 police cars, dog vans and forensic vans, a full house you might say. They stayed pretty much the whole day. It was a hot day and a lot a people were just in shorts and sporting bright prawn pink sunburn. Thank fully the police did not approach me to see if I saw anything which I didn't. Absolutely nothing. Given the severity of the attack and the urgency of the matter I think the 999 operator dispensed with pleasantries. I don't recall being asked my name, address, dob, etc. Just where the incident was taking place, what was happening and was I safe.

Then driving home two vehicles decided to play vehicle jousting on the A12. A flat bed pick up that was being driven by a psychopath who wanted to get by a small van in front, dangerously tailgating them, then decided to accycelerate into the rear of the vehicle in front trying to force him off the road, bang, crack, damage, neither pulling over, but the truck continued to try to batter the other vehicle Dukes of Hazard style. Mental. Nutters. So this is what the police have to deal with on any hot drunken weekend. The police are probably hoping for a long cold wet summer. Just joking. Maybe not. So some one desecrating a graveyard is rather low on their list of priorities. In fact it might be viewed as taking the p155. So I guess the response you got was to basically record your details and log you as a time waster, not quite as bad as the people who dialled 999 when they found their local KFC was closed but not far off. Only kidding. All is good.
I won't be phoning them again in a hurry. Like you say,they'll probably have me down now as a habitual complainer. They'll now see me as more of a problem than the piss heads who were pissed up,pissing in the cemy!:thumbsdown:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Anybody got any stats relating to the funding of alcohol and drug treatment services over the last few years? I can't help thinking that might be at least as relevant as the data for policing...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I always report idiot motorbikers racing along the B2B Railway path here in Bristol. One nutter likes to weave his machine in & out of cyclists & peds at speed like he's Luke Skywalker in the Death Star trench. It takes sooooo long to get through on 101, I'm wondering if I should bother?.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
"I just happened to be carrying this broom handle officer - and have no idea how it got entangled in his front wheel..." :whistle:

I have considered a can of silly string, the stuff used at parties and 'accidentally' spray some on his mirrored ski goggles that he wears under his full face helmet just a she shoots past...skid, crunch....:whistle:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5232437, member: 45"]It certainly has the potential to get reader's back up if they only go by the headline. There might be some gripe from the story, but this is the DM.[/QUOTE]
Then of course we have the plod allowing the burglar's funeral to pass by the victim's home. Well they were going to allow it,but some of the residents with a spine decided it should not be allowed to happen.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Henry-Vincent-sing-Celine-Dions-Im-Angel.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom