I really don't like how modern road bikes are decorated/painted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not bothered about too much lettering and stickers, but I like colour...matt black, ugh ... but each to their own eh ;) If we all rode matt black bikes, it'd be a pain finding them in the racks...bit like all of those grey and silver cars in the supermarket carpark :wacko:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Interestingly, or not, when I was originally thinking about a custom, or fancier OTP, frame, I looked closely at Van Nicholas. To the point at which I was almost ready to order one with a £200 ish upgrade for a slight customisation. I also asked if they'd just leave the decals off and was told No, but I could always scrape them off myself if I wanted.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Not bothered about too much lettering and stickers, but I like colour...matt black, ugh ... but each to their own eh ;) If we all rode matt black bikes, it'd be a pain finding them in the racks...bit like all of those grey and silver cars in the supermarket carpark :wacko:
I'm the same, Id like a "best" bike to have an interesting colourscheme and design, to make it a little bit more unique, though black is good for getting muddy. I quite like some of the more blingy Focus CX/road bikes.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
some of the older frames have a simplistic beauty of their own but I do see how all the bling has an appeal.

Heard of Hetchins Bikes?

Ok, so they didn't have a huge amount of writing, but the rest of them were/are certainly BALLLLLIIIINNNGGGG!

hen you search for a bike to buy (as a newcommer) its very tempting to see the latest cube (or whatever) with all its stickers & branded aero rims and think "wow, that's a smashing looking beast"...but when you get it home and out on the road it feels slightly overdressed and fussy.
thing is, by then Cube have already made the sale. So perhaps they have it right, after all the sales figure must drive the designs.

I don't know about anyone else, but the more I see carbon, light as a feather racing bike designs, the more a lot of them bore me silly. To me they all look the same now (ironic as so did the old bikes, I know). I don't mean in terms of them being plastered with ads, I just mean the general design of them.

I have my Carbon light as a feather TT Felt, but I most certainly won't be getting anything else similar in a hurry and it is black with only a few bits of understated yellow lettering and lining too.

byegad

Legendary Member
Without all the names and numbers how else will the fashion victims be able to let everyone else know that they have the latest thing?

Personally I don't care either way but it is done, in my opinion, in order to generate sales for the new model every year.

Personally I don't care either way but it is done, in my opinion, in order to generate sales for the new model every year.

For the hard of understanding, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

I really don't get what the problem is. Last time I opened a tin of beans, it said 'Cross & Blackwell' on the label. I saw that as a good thing - they're much better than Heinz and thanks to the label, I knew which tin to buy.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I don't see the point of getting upset if other people's bikes have branding. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just don't moan and preach at those who have. Each to their own.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
For the hard of understanding, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

I really don't get what the problem is. Last time I opened a tin of beans, it said 'Cross & Blackwell' on the label. I saw that as a good thing - they're much better than Heinz and thanks to the label, I knew which tin to buy.
Yeah, but they didn't scrawl Cross and Blackwell on every frigging bean, did they?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Generally the very best things out there are the ones where they don't have to make a song and dance about it. They just let the quality do the talking.

Look at the Leica M Series of cameras, say, a M6 for example. If you didn't know what it was, then you probably wouldn't look at it twice!

Top Bottom