I rejected Cambridge University. Twice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Not in my experience, although of course I can't be 100% certain that the older gentleman who approached me in the college bar at the end of the my first year and asked me if I was interested in serving my country was really MI6 or making a rather different kind of proposition... :ohmy:

PS: I'm not claiming to be particularly special; they probably approached everyone who did the course I was studying (Chinese).
I'm green with envy. I always wanted to be a spy. I read a lot of Ian Fleming novels when I was ridiculously young and had a lot of powerful erotic fantasies. The only people who have tried to quietly recruit me were The Samaritans and The Rotary Club. They didn't even offer me a dry Martini, so I turned them down.

Nobody has ever invited me to join anything. So I've never had the chance of rejecting them.

Sara_H

Guru
I once rejected an advance from a local budding mucisan who is now a famous, successful musician.

Sara_H

Guru
There's a cruder reply that propriety forbids me to divulge, Sara!:smile:
Yes, I was tempted to reply in inhes, but as I am a lady I refrained.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I turned down an offer at London Uni's Westfield College to study Modern Languages. The prospect of Spanish literature of the Golden Age didn't thrill me and it was a 3 year course with no time spent abroad. By contrast at Wolverhampton Poly we were expected to read a couple of books but we spent the third year abroad, which was more educational than the other three years.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I rejected the offer of a first year engineering prize for being the best student on my course. Well, strictly speaking, I was on a shortlist of 3 students selected from 130+. I didn't fancy going up on stage in front of thousands of people so I opted out and let the other 2 compete for the prize.

Same problem when it came to my graduation ceremony so I rejected attending that too!

Top Bottom