I rejected Cambridge University. Twice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
I went to the best scientific university in the country, UMIST. It was often in the top 5 universities in the Times listings. I was also awarded a sponsorship by a large paper making firm.

Hugs
Archeress x

Globalti

Legendary Member
I went to the best scientific university in the country, UMIST. It was often in the top 5 universities in the Times listings. I was also awarded a sponsorship by a large paper making firm.

Wow! You bagged a good one there.

U

User482

Hugs
Archeress x

I was offered sponsorship by a large papermaking firm to study at UMIST, and turned it down. :whistle:

U

User482

Which company was that? I guess it was to study paper science too?

Hugs
Archeress x

Yep - Mondi. I changed my mind and studied environmental science at Lancaster instead.

Was Dick Hoyland working at UMIST when you studied there? He was a neighbour of mine.

As it turns out, I made the right choice: this is what's left of the mill.

5993452261_7bc7b16320_o.jpg

robjh

Legendary Member
My niece will save the trouble of being rejected by Cambridge by not applying there in the first place. She went to an open day there recently and came out saying she was 'inspired and heartbroken', by a brilliant-sounding course and the realisation that with her GCSE grades and predicted A-levels she would have nowhere near the absurd numbers of A's and A*'s that are now expected as the standard there. Oh, and she said she didn't even understand some of the questions the other 6th-formers were asking, let alone the answers.

Top Bottom