I rejected Cambridge University. Twice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
One of my ex girlfriends really did turn down a place at Cambridge.

I'm not lying, they offered her a place, she didn't want to go, they wrote to her asking why she hadn't confirmed her acceptance, she ignored their letter and rejected their offer through UCAS.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Our car was stolen while we were in a resaurant in Maida Vale. It was found five days later outside some lock up garages on an estate in Tottenham. When we arrived to recover it, it was totally trashed and plundered. The entire contents of the boot and the glove compartments wad been removed.....but they turned down the pair of green Hunter wellies.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
My car got broken into once and they didn't nick my CDs, I was quite insulted as it was some first rate country and rock and roll stuff.

My partners Mum's car got broken into and they did take the cd's. 2 days later, she got a knock on the door and they were all stacked up with a post it note on top saying '2nd thoughts...' No DNA either!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I could've gone to QEGS Senior School in Wakefield on a bursary scholarship... life may have turned out differently had I gone but I chose not to... just counted back, that was over 45 years ago.

Archeress

Veteran
Yep - Mondi. I changed my mind and studied environmental science at Lancaster instead.

Was Dick Hoyland working at UMIST when you studied there? He was a neighbour of mine.

As it turns out, I made the right choice: this is what's left of the mill.

5993452261_7bc7b16320_o.jpg
Dick Hoyland returned in my second year I think. I got made redundant twice in 1998, the first time by my sponsor, St Regis. That killed my career and haven't ever had a good job again. My wage just keeps going down.

Hugs
Archeress x

I could've gone to QEGS Senior School in Wakefield on a bursary scholarship... life may have turned out differently had I gone but I chose not to... just counted back, that was over 45 years ago.

On close examination, you realised that you'd been offered a place at the girls grammar school.................................

I don't think we should jump to assumptions, Archie may have been a girl back then.

So, the references to "grafting"..................................

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Our car was stolen while we were in a resaurant in Maida Vale. It was found five days later outside some lock up garages on an estate in Tottenham. When we arrived to recover it, it was totally trashed and plundered. The entire contents of the boot and the glove compartments wad been removed.....but they turned down the pair of green Hunter wellies.
Middle class ponce

U

User482

Dick Hoyland returned in my second year I think. I got made redundant twice in 1998, the first time by my sponsor, St Regis. That killed my career and haven't ever had a good job again. My wage just keeps going down.

Hugs
Archeress x
I'm sorry to hear that. Further coincidences: I went for a job with St Regis around that time, but after going for the interview they decided to cancel their graduate programme. I ended up working for DS Smith, who had the same parent company as St Regis, and I ended up doing a short stint at Sudbrook mill around 15 years ago. That's closed down too!

Top Bottom