I remember when motor cars were simple to fix.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5174678, member: 259"]When I had a mini I always kept a can of something similar (Holts ?) in the boot, as it was essential if I couldn't find a hill to park on.[/QUOTE]
Holts Easy Start
Methanol as an additive, I think?

It was pretty easy to change the bulbs on my old ex-MOD Landy, just unscrew the lens. Headlights came right out with 3 screws, useful when you wanted to drain water out. For working on the engine you removed the bonnet, then stood on the chassis inside the engine compartment.
Yes, I remember those days well
Access got a bit tight on the 110 Td5 I had

I'd like to see a law passed that says bulbs can be changed within a minute and without the need for tools or any dismantling. And that they should be accessabile without your hand being cut to pieces and out of use for three days.
The Octavia's not too bad, even though the headlight has to come out for best access, one big knurled nut

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My first car, a Ford Anglia, the bulbs were so easy to change. The headlight unit was behind the chrome cover. 3 screws and that came off, then 4 screws and the unit came out. Side and indicators were even easier. A couple of screws and the lens came off.

screenman

Legendary Member
My first car, a Ford Anglia, the bulbs were so easy to change. The headlight unit was behind the chrome cover. 3 screws and that came off, then 4 screws and the unit came out. Side and indicators were even easier. A couple of screws and the lens came off.

If the rust got there first there was no need to take the screws out.

screenman

Legendary Member

If the rust got there first there was no need to take the screws out.

I'd like to see a law passed that says bulbs can be changed within a minute and without the need for tools or any dismantling. And that they should be accessabile without your hand being cut to pieces and out of use for three days.
The Smart car is a pain in having to remove the scuttle air vent in order to squeeze your arm in behind the headlight to change the bulbs.

Top Bottom