I say, are there any women here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cathryn said:
Awww thanks. I was just feeling intimidated by your cool MB antics! That's one of the beauties of cyling...there are so many different things you can do that if you're not built for one type you can try something else.

Eep no don't be intimidated. I've been doing it for 15 years...and now I have a gigantic pair of ... shoulders to show for it...! LOL :biggrin: I just keep finding new bits of cycling to have a go at, which I enjoy in a mediocre fashion. I can safely say that: BMX, Dirt Jump, 4X, Fixies, Track riding and road racing hold no fascination for me whatsoever though...

tomb1960

Kirstie those are fabulous pics, makes me a) want to buy a mountain bike and :biggrin: wonder how the photographer did the sort of 'fish-eye' effect!

Thanks - all the photos were taken by my other half who's a bit of a keen photographer. The fish eye lens is a peleng lens which he bought off ebay. It was made in Belarus and cost a lot less than a posh one made by Nikon would! The factory that makes them also makes washing machine parts, search lights and aircraft engines (or some other combination of incongruous products that you get in ex communist factories!).
You can see more of his pics at www.flickr.com/photos/mrmichaelwright or michael-wright.fotopic.net
The better ones are on flickr though.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Cathryn, I just took the liberty of reading your write-up on the ride to the wedding. Sounds like a great trip, and if you cycled from Lage Vuursche to Amersfoort you probably came past our house. We live between the zoo and the station on the long straight road coming into Amersfoort from Soest.

Bigtallfatbloke

In fact there are a couple of hills that I would dread going up when I first started cycling as they are quite long, but now as I'm getting fitter they don't seem to be so daunting!

Hi Caz!:biggrin:

Hills get better as we get fitter...earlier this year (May) I was prettymuch unable to ride up any hills at all, I was coughing and spluttering and my legs were on fire with all the lactic acid. After 6 months in the saddle those hills are still a PITA but I ge tup them ok without being out of breath. I rode 90km today which brings the total so far this week to 200km... I have been passed by several roadies and one spotty oik on an mtb smoking a cigarrete!...but I told my self as he passed that he was younger than me and probably hadn't already cycled 65km against the wind...thats my excuse anyway.

Like I said the bottom line is that it isnt about anybody else...it's about us....:biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would like to ask Noodley why he thinks, after two posts, that I am "right boring". I might even think you are right to say that, but would like to know why. Many people have known me for years without having the need to call me boring. In fact I can only recall two people who have directed that particular criticism at me.

I admire your ability to be so perceptive on relatively little evidence, but would ask you to explain your reasoning.

fairy

I'm here occassionally

Speicher said:
I would like to ask Noodley why he thinks, after two posts, that I am "right boring". I might even think you are right to say that, but would like to know why. Many people have known me for years without having the need to call me boring. In fact I can only recall two people who have directed that particular criticism at me.

I admire your ability to be so perceptive on relatively little evidence, but would ask you to explain your reasoning.

Forgive Noodley, but the Scottish winter is setting in and he'll be spending the next six months in darkness listening to speeches by Alex Salmond.

Noodley

Speicher said:

Speicher, no offence was intended - hence the 2 great big smileys at the end, like this :biggrin::biggrin:

Boring AND touchy :biggrin:

Noodley

Patrick Stevens said:
Forgive Noodley, but the Scottish winter is setting in and he'll be spending the next six months in darkness listening to speeches by Alex Salmond.

Even more reason to be out on my bike in the dark :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Alan H said:
Cathryn, I just took the liberty of reading your write-up on the ride to the wedding. Sounds like a great trip, and if you cycled from Lage Vuursche to Amersfoort you probably came past our house. We live between the zoo and the station on the long straight road coming into Amersfoort from Soest.

Gutted we missed you, we were in bad need of rioja and apple cake (and slagroom) by that point. We LOVED Holland...it was fantastic!!!!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley said:
Speicher, no offence was intended - hence the 2 great big smileys at the end, like this :biggrin::biggrin:

Boring AND touchy :biggrin:

I'm sorry Noodley, :smile:I thought the two faces at the end were "laughing" faces. :biggrin: I have now consulted the "more faces" window and see my mistake:smile:. You might be able to tell that I am new to this forum/chat thingy. So, I apologise for taking your comment in the wrong way.

Top Bottom