I say, are there any women here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radger

Veteran
I'm female, but haven't been here much recently as I have been moving house.
And I can knit, am good at electronics and putting up shelves, and am very good at putting together flat-pack furniture

so there:tongue:

buggi

Bird Saviour
sh!t i can't knit or cook! but i can change a plug, put together flat packed furniture, change oil/battery in car and do my own tyre pressure. and change a flat tyre on a bike. been told i drive like a bloke too, whatever that means (think it means i'm not a nervous fanny on the road) and i have trouble multitasking. what does that make me? am i a hybrid!?

o no, it's okay, i remember, i give good head, i must be a girl after all :biggrin:

pw2389

buggi said:
o no, it's okay, i remember, i give good head, i must be a girl after all :biggrin:

You'll start a riot on this forum saying things like that. :biggrin: All those virile blokes out there will be unleashed...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chuffy said:
So we have one lady driving warships and another (Arch) contemplating driving a DC3. Does no-one knit these days? :biggrin:

Welcome Ms Speicher, the more the merrier. :biggrin:

Ahem! As Mickle mentioned, I knit! Once I get my DC3, I'll be knitting a flying helmet....:biggrin:

Not so long ago, I drove a diesel shunter up and down the track at the NRM's Cab It day... And I've been behind the steering of a traction engine. And (briefly) a glider.

A tank would be fun....

I'm with Speicher on not really being into the 'girly' stuff* - give me something smelling of hot engineering oil anyday.

*with the possible exception of dainty little cakes and afternoon tea. As long as there's plenty of them...

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Arch said:
*with the possible exception of dainty little cakes and afternoon tea. As long as there's plenty of them...
I'm glad to see that standards are being maintained. :biggrin:

Buggi said:
i have trouble multitasking.
Well, if you can't rustle up a pizza while performing your, ahem, other speciality then I can't see why anyone would trouble you for your phone number.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Arch said:
- give me something smelling of hot engineering oil anyday.

If you give me a moment I'll just rub some all over..........:biggrin:;):biggrin:

KitsuneAndy

Arch said:
Ahem! As Mickle mentioned, I knit! Once I get my DC3, I'll be knitting a flying helmet....:biggrin:

Not so long ago, I drove a diesel shunter up and down the track at the NRM's Cab It day... And I've been behind the steering of a traction engine. And (briefly) a glider.

A tank would be fun....

http://www.funtrak.co.uk/

A one man tank.

Armed with a paintball gun :biggrin:

One of my friends was driving one for a big paintball game in Wakefield the other week.

You don't want to know how much they cost to buy though. (and yes, they are road legal)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Arch - I thought it was just me. The Captain of the Swedish 1907 Motor ship was a very hot (maritime) engineer, but no oil to be found on the bridge. Perhaps he uses another liquid for lubrication. He let me push all the right buttons, though, to sound the horn for leaving port.

bugslop

Cathryn said:
I average about the same speeds as you guys, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Don't get hung up about it!! For me, cycling is all about pleasure, and I'd rather enjoy the journey than bust a gut.

Personally, I fancy Tom Boonen, but I have a strange attraction to David Miller as well.

Correct if you don't enjoy it don't do it, cycling that is not fancying blokes:blush:

Alright this is slightly off at a tangent but if you happen to be watching the rugby world cup and New Zealand happen to be playing watch out for DAN CARTER - he's the NZ Fly Half. Now I have no idea what a fly half is but young Dan is LOVELY. And apparently is one of the best Rugby players in the world. And is also an underwear model in his spare time.

HELLLLOOOO :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hahaha, I noticed young Mr C yesterday!!!! Meow.....

Most of the French team are quite attractive as well. As are the All Blacks. Am trying to persuade the husband to do a Haka for me, but he won't!!!

I'm female - and I know how to knit, just don't like doing it...still trying to find someone who will knit me a ferret (****hint Arch :biggrin:****). Apart from that, I love my bike but haven't been on it for ages due to lack of cycling company, i.e. someone that isn't too fast for me. Never thought I would have this problem, but my current partner refuses to go out with me because I am too fast!!!:biggrin: (me having an average speed of about 14mph)

Top Bottom