I say, are there any women here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
I'm female - and I know how to knit, just don't like doing it...still trying to find someone who will knit me a ferret (****hint Arch :biggrin:****).

You want a knitted ferret....

<consults book of knitted toys

Monkey, elephant, bear, rabbit, mouse, penguin, fish, snake...

No ferret...>

How hard can it be? - I mean it's a long tube with little legs and a furry tail... I'll put my thinking cap on....

Funnily enough, I spent yesterday afternoon reorganising the skeletons of a couple of ferrets and their close relatives, to fit into smaller boxes...

Cathryn said:
Hahaha, I noticed young Mr C yesterday!!!! Meow.....

Most of the French team are quite attractive as well. As are the All Blacks. Am trying to persuade the husband to do a Haka for me, but he won't!!!

LOL! But isn't a haka supposed to say 'we're going to rip out your guts and make you eat them' in an unfriendly warlike fashion? Or can you have nice hakas?

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Kirstie said:
LOL! But isn't a haka supposed to say 'we're going to rip out your guts and make you eat them' in an unfriendly warlike fashion? Or can you have nice hakas?
What, like the one where they all do a ferocious looking haka and then whip out a box of choccies and a bunch of flowers?

Chuffy said:
What, like the one where they all do a ferocious looking haka and then whip out a box of choccies and a bunch of flowers?

No, like one where they promise you endless sexual ecstasy, rather than brutal murder :biggrin:

(you have no idea how many times I have rephrased this post to tell it like it is rather than invite innuendo with words such as 'impaling', 'disembowelling', 'poking', 'stabbing' etc etc)

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Kirstie said:
No, like one where they promise you endless sexual ecstasy, rather than brutal murder :biggrin:

(you have no idea how many times I have rephrased this post to tell it like it is rather than invite innuendo with words such as 'impaling', 'disembowelling', 'poking', 'stabbing' etc etc)
But there's 15 of 'em! Dear god, the woman's insatiable!:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Hahaha, I noticed young Mr C yesterday!!!! Meow.....

Most of the French team are quite attractive as well. As are the All Blacks. Am trying to persuade the husband to do a Haka for me, but he won't!!!

Having caught the end of the Kiwi's Haka on the telly, I have to say, a European face just doesn't do it juctice. There's something about the Polynesian face which really works with the wide eyes and fierce expressions... Caucasians just look like they're pulling a funny face, somehow..

spesh

Kirstie said:

The web is your friend...

Although the use of a haka by the All Blacks has made one type of haka familiar, it has led to misconceptions. Haka are not exclusively war dances, nor are they only performed by men. Some are performed by women, others by mixed groups, and some simple haka are performed by children. Haka are performed for various reasons: for amusement, as a hearty welcome to distinguished guests, or to acknowledge great achievements or occasions

Hope this helps.

Arch said:
You want a knitted ferret....

<consults book of knitted toys

Monkey, elephant, bear, rabbit, mouse, penguin, fish, snake...

No ferret...>

How hard can it be? - I mean it's a long tube with little legs and a furry tail... I'll put my thinking cap on....

Funnily enough, I spent yesterday afternoon reorganising the skeletons of a couple of ferrets and their close relatives, to fit into smaller boxes...

Ferrets just have a bad reputation, that's why they never turn up in books of knitted toys (or anywhere else for that matter), but as you have been arranging ferret remains, you should be the ultimate expert in producing the perfect knitted ferret!!! xx( Please keep that thinking cap on!!! :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
Ferrets just have a bad reputation, that's why they never turn up in books of knitted toys (or anywhere else for that matter), but as you have been arranging ferret remains, you should be the ultimate expert in producing the perfect knitted ferret!!! :sad: Please keep that thinking cap on!!! :eek:

Oh dear, a challenge...

I can't promise it'll be quick, I'm halfway through a charity baby cardigan at the moment, but I'll have a think and a look at a few pictures of ferrets....xx(

If you like ferrets, you should find a book of stories by Saki (H H Munro), and read 'Shredni Vashtar' a story about an Edwardian boy with an evil aunt, who acquires a ferret which does him a rather gruesome favour one day..

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Arch said:
Oh dear, a challenge...

I can't promise it'll be quick, I'm halfway through a charity baby cardigan at the moment, but I'll have a think and a look at a few pictures of ferrets....xx(

If you like ferrets, you should find a book of stories by Saki (H H Munro), and read 'Shredni Vashtar' a story about an Edwardian boy with an evil aunt, who acquires a ferret which does him a rather gruesome favour one day..
Thought that was a mongoose, or have I got my long animals mixed up?

Arch

Married to Night Train
<sigh>

I can see all my evenings being taken up for a while...

Mind you, I do bugger all else, just watch telly, so it's no great loss...

A mongoose would have to have a little snake with it, to do battle with. Were you thinking of Riki Tiki Tavi?

Top Bottom