I see Clarkson's getting a bit more publicity...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
man's a numpty but I will enjoy it if this does him some real financial harm. I think he might have been ok if it had just been the execution line but he also whinged about gold plated pensions.

Have a think folks, this is a voice from one of the 1% who may well never have reached that 1% were it not for the legally enforceable tax of the licence fee. I'm a huge believer in the BBC but I've never been a fan of those that exploit public sector funds. When they become so arrogant as to deem it ok to mock in this manner they do deserve taking down a peg or two.

Peteaud

Veteran
To me he is and always will be a one trick pony, thats well past the sell by date.

Top Gear is boring so i dont rally bother to watch it now. I used to like the challenges, i.e the north pole one, although they are scripted they are funny. Now its just Aston this and merc that.

No doubt as other have said it will give him publicity and a few more £££££

Ajay

Veteran
A clearly "vunerable" woman has a rambling racist / xenophobic rant on a Croydon tram and rightfully gets arrested. Meanwhile, a lucid, articulate, educated man calls for the execution of millions in front of their own children on a primetime family TV show and is allowed to pass it off as a joke.
Go figure.

Jeremy Clarkson is mentally ill!

Google "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" and try to spot any of the symptoms that are not evident in Clarkso

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Some people have no sense of humour, chill out it was a Joke, should be moaning about our pm taking time out to discuss him, surely he must have something better to do, or maybe not.

Maz

Guru
"Let's all start a riot" sent on Twitter gets you a few years in the slammer.
It's just as well JC's comment was Tweeted!

Grizzly

I'm a public service worker and I could't care less about his opinion. I don't take him seriously and I don't think he takes himself seriously, the only difference between us is that he makes a LOT of money by speaking his mind, I tend to get disciplined.

A clearly "vunerable" woman has a rambling racist / xenophobic rant on a Croydon tram and rightfully gets arrested. Meanwhile, a lucid, articulate, educated man calls for the execution of millions in front of their own children on a primetime family TV show and is allowed to pass it off as a joke.
Go figure.

It was blatantly obvious that he was joking though, whereas she wasn't. Lighten up people FFS!

Ajay

Veteran
It was blatantly obvious that he was joking though, whereas she wasn't. Lighten up people FFS!
so at the end of her rant, Tram Woman cracks a smile and says " Arrghh, gotcha, I was only joking" is that ok?
Of course Clarkson thought he was joking, but he got it completely wrong with the "in front of their children" bit at 7pm.

so at the end of her rant, Tram Woman cracks a smile and says " Arrghh, gotcha, I was only joking" is that ok?
Of course Clarkson thought he was joking, but he got it completely wrong with the "in front of their children" bit at 7pm.

True, the One Show was not the right audience. Have I got News For You on the other hand . . . .

I have to confess I couldn't watch the tram woman clip for very long and didn't see the end

I've just seen this on the news - including the first part that puts the comments in context. The first part was his loose opinion, the second was a poke at BBC impartiality.
Unfortunately UNISON need a means of showing they have some power, and bagging a celeb with a political connection then demanding some form of public humbling is just that. Taking extreme offence is just playing politics.

If the Beeb didn't want a motormouth speaking at that time, they shouldn't have invited him. They know his reputation.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Maybe we should all be a bit less quick to be so incontinent about expressing our outrage? He's just playing to the crowd. I'm not a big fan but he adds a bit of grit to a world that is increasingly bland.

Top Bottom