I take it all back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
All the "there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing"
"Man up, it's only a bit of rain"
"I'll ride whatever the weather"
It was easily said when I only had to pootle a couple of miles down the road. Now I have a ten mile round trip I'm working out the cost of the bus:shy:
I'd get a lift with Mr6 but seems my constant repeating of the above had an effect on him and he actually wants to cycle, even when it's raining :cycle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
thats only 5 miles each way though , rule 5 :okay:

I rode about 100 yards earlier. There were some horrific crosswinds, I gave up pretty smartish. I was having real issues keeping it straight, and upright. I’ll be out tomorrow instead.

MikeG

Guru
Don't moan about the weather. The one exception allowable is wind. The other weather you can deal with by adjustments to your wardrobe, but wind is heinous and spiteful whatever you are wearing. I would point you to rule 5, though, as @cyberknight did earlier.

Don't moan about the weather. The one exception allowable is wind. The other weather you can deal with by adjustments to your wardrobe, but wind is heinous and spiteful whatever you are wearing. I would point you to rule 5, though, as @cyberknight did earlier.
I will promise not to moan about the weather, if you will promise to stop quoting the infantile rules.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I will promise not to moan about the weather, if you will promise to stop quoting the infantile rules.
my quote of the rules was in jest given the OP

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've experienced a few commutes that made me question my sanity but in reality it's only averaged to maybe one per year. The getting wet, with a shower and change either end, isn't so bad. The one time I had a puncture during biblical conditions tested me though, the one and only time my M+ punctured on the commute..and it was in the morning. By the next day I had gone from feeling woe is me to being rather proud of myself...little things and all that.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I rode about 100 yards earlier. There were some horrific crosswinds, I gave up pretty smartish. I was having real issues keeping it straight, and upright. I’ll be out tomorrow instead.
I won't. Wind is nasty here tomorrow too. Unless it drops significantly, I'll either be staying in or just riding on the trail a bit as it's more sheltered.

Top Bottom