I take it all back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd quite like to buy a better commuting wardrobe, but I don't have a couple of hundred quid going spare this close to xmas. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a few bargains while still working in the bike shop.
To be honest, it's not the getting wet or blown away that bothers me, it's the being wet and bedraggled when I get to work and knowing I'll have to get back into the wet trousers for the ride home I don't get on with. If we had showers and drying facilities I'd probably be happier about it, it's actually not a bad ride most of the time.
I think I'm just lazy. And soft.
To avoid having to go back into wet trousers for the trip home, you could work in them.

Cronorider

I will promise not to moan about the weather, if you will promise to stop quoting the infantile rules.

You just broke one of the rules...

D

Deleted member 26715

Have you left there? I must have missed a massive post.

I left in August. I'm working in the parts dept of a main dealership now. I do miss talking bikes all day though.

Me too, I was a little confused.

I rode about 100 yards earlier. There were some horrific crosswinds, I gave up pretty smartish. I was having real issues keeping it straight, and upright. I’ll be out tomorrow instead.

I agree. When the going gets tough, its best to bravely retreat, go home and drink beer for the rest of the day.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I don't think I made a big announcement, just in case it didn't work out, but so far so good, they seem to like me.

I've been using the darker nights as an excuse not to ride all week, but I've just bought a 1000 lumen light so rule 5 it is from now on.

:thumbsup: ;)

400bhp

Guru
FWIW I can sympathise with you about a wet journey into work, although mine is somewhat longer than yours. Our drying facilities were removed thanks to some numpties, so the only place I can dry stuff is a small radiator next to my usual desk, (assuming I haven't been hot desked to one elsewhere). And the heating is switched off May to October anyway.
Tops and shorts tend to dry quickly, but socks and shoes are almost always damp for the journey home if they been soaked in the morning.
You could try filling a pair of old socks with rice and shove these in your wet shoes.
That’s a substitute for newspaper but one where you can just leave at work.
Granted, they will never be fully dry by the end of work if they have got very wet.

Top Bottom