I think I may be about to buy a Shand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gingerscott

There is a Shand Stoater in the bike park at my work. Lovely looking (bright green) bike with Ultegra Groupset. No way that was bought using our cycle2work scheme.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I really,really want one of those in blue and white with Hope bits,a 1x11 drivetrain plus some nice hand built wheels and tubeless tyres.(when I win the lottery maybe:angel:).
Not a shand but a lot of boxes ticked thus-
2016-12-08 08.45.11.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The linked Shand bike looks dear for a standard steel roadie, but how about a Stoater?

Still a road bike, but a bit unusual in that it has a Rohloff hub gear and a carbon belt.

Plenty of benefits there, and at £3,500 there's a bit more value given you are getting the Rohloff and belt for 'only' an extra £500.

https://www.shandcycles.com/bikes/stoater-rohloff/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Thanks for your thoughts so far. Still mulling.

Mods - I now realise I've probably created this in the wrong section. Feel free to move to What Bike if you think more appropriate.

GGJ

Veteran
Certainly not the cheapest manufacturers but very bespoke and lovely bit of kit. I've yet to hear a bad report from anyone who has splashed their cash on a Shand and if I'm ever in the position to own one I wouldn't hesitate

Top Bottom