I think i'm down to a choice between these two - finally after 24 pages.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a feeling they'll sell out in my size by the time dozy bollox from the bank sends my pin number. All they'll have left is that drab matt black or that camp pink!

Bank Of Pluto ?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Before you jump in - the Planet X is fairly aggressive geometry. Certainly more so that the Agree and way more so than a Defy or Synapse. You want Sportive/Audax. Looking at the stack to reach ratio will give you a good indication. I would be looking at a ratio of above 1.5 for stack divided by reach for an endurance bike. Give me a couple of minutes and I will have a list of a few popular bikes.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
This is what I put together when looking for my last bike. Ideally you want a ratio of over 1.5 for sportive/audux style comfort. Out and out race will be 1.4 and below. Obviously this is just a guideline, but it should help you narrow it down to decide what to test ride.

upload_2016-4-12_11-13-31.png

vickster

Legendary Member
A long long time ago,he said his budget was £1200.
A step up in spec from the £899 one would be less than that I think.
I agree,spec it to your size,but here's the problem.
As we all know,it's better to judge a bike by actually sitting on it.
Buying a bike(a brand you are not familiar with),online is a gamble always.
Yes that's why I buy in store or spec to the numbers from the bike fits I've had
Would not buy on spec online personally but others do especially when wanting a bargain or no good shops

vickster

Legendary Member
Use the card for the joint account and then transfer across
Track your PX purchase through quidco for some cash back :smile:

How about phoning Planet X to ask about the offer, explain the situation and discuss spec :smile: no one here can comment on their promotional plans and stock levels...they may be able to ;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just spent 7 bloody minutes on the phone to some dozy @'%! at Planet X! He knew feck all about the offer, so he went off to find his supervisor. Three minutes later he reappeared to tell me he still knew feck all about it! I asked him if he could phone me back later. That seemed to confuse him..I'm sure the idiot was doped up or something!

Top Bottom