I thought cycling was supposed to save cash !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have been commuting for what 5 + years and as the car loan is paid off next month i thought i could treat myself to a new bike on C2W, after all my nice bike will be 5 years old .
How wrong was i ? turns out as usual i have fark all money , is it cycling costing me money or the constant money pit that is trying to raise a family .................

Rant over :cursing:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
C2W is monthly though. Its more or less free, isn't it?

C2W seems desperately unfair in that if you pay no tax there is no saving and if you're a higher rate tax payer you save more than those on the lower rate.

Maybe they should knock the VAT off for those not paying income tax.

Levo-Lon

Guru
You could just steal the bike of your dreams? Make sure you change the bar tape so it can't be recognised..oh and you won't get cought as long as you don't tell plod...

Seems to work for loads of shitbags so as long as you don't mind being one....

It's tongue in cheek btw for our resident outrage merchants

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You could just steal the bike of your dreams? Make sure you change the bar tape so it can't be recognised..oh and you won't get cought as long as you don't tell plod...

Seems to work for loads of shitbags so as long as you don't mind being one....

It's tongue in cheek btw for our resident outrage merchants
Got to find a short a**e like me 1st :smile:

keithmac

Guru
Set the money aside that you were using to pay for the car loan and put it into the bike finance..

You won't miss it and if you're anything like me it would get frittered away otherwise.

I bought new windows for the house, retiled the kitchen, bought my Gtech bike all one after the other using same monthly payment.

Ended up buying another car after that but there's always something to show for it!.

I'm quite used to being "skint" now so no worries!.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hmm, think it would've cost me about £20/day for 200 days to get to work without the bike, so call it £4000.

At a guess I spent £1500 on the bike last year.

So...where ma two an a half gran?!? :cursing:

Top Bottom