I thought you were a bloke!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
“The defendant had to drive into the middle of both carriageways to narrowly miss Mrs Livesey,” Shawn Morales, prosecuting, told York Crown Court.
Poor phrasing by the prosecutor, who's supposed to be supporting the cyclist. :thumbsdown: The motorist didn't have to drive into the middle of the carriageway, because if he'd been following the cyclist at a reasonable distance, then he would have simply had to slow down when the cyclist swerved around the dog.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
She swerved to avoid a dog, and the guy goes and rugby tackles her.
He has a big anger issue that needs redolving, and also needs to be punished.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What happened to her nearly happened to me earlier this year. Some nutter took exception at me pointing to his indicators, when he didn't use them to let me know his intentions. He chased me down followed by the usual abuse. I gave him the you are a wonker sign, then he stopped his car further down the road,got out and ran at me,trying to kind of rugby tackle me from the side.:eek: Luckily for me i managed to shoot past him before he could knock me off. The best bit was when i looked back and saw the dick sprawled out on the road looking like a compete prat,while other motorists slowed down to avoid running him over.:giggle:

U

User33236

We don’t have anything to state at what time the idiot realised the person he’d attacked wasn’t a bloke so can only presume that it was immediately after the initial attack as it seems to end there.

One does wonder though would the attack have continued if the cyclist had been a bloke?!

He needs locked up regardless of his ability to pay her compensation!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
"The cycling community must try to find a way of changing driver attitudes to bikes in the long run. In the meantime all we can do is make sure we can be clearly seen, that we ride safely and within the rules of the road, and that we avoid confrontation with other road users. Time to get the bike lights back out!"

Hmm... Not sure I entirely agree.

cd365

Guru
"The cycling community must try to find a way of changing driver attitudes to bikes in the long run. In the meantime all we can do is make sure we can be clearly seen, that we ride safely and within the rules of the road, and that we avoid confrontation with other road users. Time to get the bike lights back out!"

Hmm... Not sure I entirely agree.
I don't agree at all, it is time the courts protected citizens who are on a bike. It was an assault and should be treated as such.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This has upset me.
Why, with what is an unprovoked assault, are they even discussing whether or not a custodial sentence is appropriate?
If this happened in the street and did not involve a motorist and a cyclist, the bloke would be locked up no question.
I don't think assault, ABH or GBH automatically results in a custodial sentence.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't agree at all, it is time the courts protected citizens who are on a bike. It was an assault and should be treated as such.
Yep.

I agree we should ride safely, and within the rules of the road.
I believe safety always trumps rules.
I donlt think cyclists should avoid confrontation but they shouldn't deliberatelyand intentionally provoke it, or seek it out, unless in order to protect their safety.
I have no idea how to make myself clearly seen. My bikes donlt have cloaking devices and no one has a problem seeing me off them.

But most of all I have not a clue how "the cycling community must try to find a way of changing driver attitudes to bikes in the long run" First off, there ain't no such animal as the cycling community, second off how exactly do I change someone else's attitude by riding a bike?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
But most of all I have not a clue how "the cycling community must try to find a way of changing driver attitudes to bikes in the long run" First off, there ain't no such animal as the cycling community, second off how exactly do I change someone else's attitude by riding a bike?

It's very simple we look at how opinions, collective or otherwise, form and then try to change the source. We'll quickly realise that, for most, the source is the MSM, so we just need to get attitudes changed there and we're good......what's that? the MSM do this deliberately? they care more about clickbait and stirring than cyclists safety?

In that case, as you were, no idea how you change things.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's very simple we look at how opinions, collective or otherwise, form and then try to change the source. We'll quickly realise that, for most, the source is the MSM, so we just need to get attitudes changed there and we're good......what's that? the MSM do this deliberately? they care more about clickbait and stirring than cyclists safety?

In that case, as you were, no idea how you change things.
I read somewhere, maybe even in this very thread, that the btl comments on the daily fail website were overwhelming in favour of the cyclist in this instance.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Well, he's avoided jail for the assault:

Lee, 46, of Lofthouse near Harrogate, pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm and was given a six-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months on condition he does 160 hours unpaid work. He must also pay Ms Livesey £5,000 compensation.

Recorder Nicholas Barker said Ms Livesey could take civil action against Lee for more compensation. She claimed she had lost at least £9,000 in earnings, sponsorship and prize money through her injury.

www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15825710.Professional_triathlete_pulled_off_her_bike_in_a_road_rage_incident/

ozboz

Guru
i hope she takes him to the cleaners financially , not only for her losses but also for the physical damage which I am sure will take a long time to completely heal , also he should have gone down , and then maybe some poetic justice , some inmates mistake him for a female , if you get my drift ,

Top Bottom