I thought you were a bloke!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Well, he's avoided jail for the assault:

Lee, 46, of Lofthouse near Harrogate, pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm and was given a six-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months on condition he does 160 hours unpaid work. He must also pay Ms Livesey £5,000 compensation.

Recorder Nicholas Barker said Ms Livesey could take civil action against Lee for more compensation. She claimed she had lost at least £9,000 in earnings, sponsorship and prize money through her injury.

www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15825710.Professional_triathlete_pulled_off_her_bike_in_a_road_rage_incident/

In addition, one would hope that the quote he is going to get from his insurance company to drive next year will be with parity to a 18 year old with a provisional licence and driving a Lamborghini. ^_^

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I would hope, too, that the suspended sentence is conditional on him paying. All too often, as I understand it, such 'awards' go unpaid, or dribble to a halt after two payments, with the victim then forced to go through a whole new mill to get what should be his/hers by rights. Hopefully one of the terms of the suspension is: miss a payment, go to jail.

Too true!

One of my daughters had a compensation claim go unpaid in this way (fortunately, only for property damage, not personal injury). She was told, that the offender had been jailed, for another offence, so, his paltry £5 / month compensation payment stopped. She was also told that him being jailed wiped his compensation debt(s). Not sure if this is true or not, but, it is mad enough to be true.

Drago

Legendary Member
She was told, that the offender had been jailed, for another offence, so, his paltry £5 / month compensation payment stopped. She was also told that him being jailed wiped his compensation debt(s). Not sure if this is true or not, but, it is mad enough to be true.

If the Court had ordered the compensation upon conviction, then no - he still has to cough.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
If the Court had ordered the compensation upon conviction, then no - he still has to cough.

Interesting. My daughter never got another penny. Perhaps, one day she will get a cheque in the post... then again... I doubt it.

In those dark days when I had to work, I spent some time working for the Crown Prosecution Service (who I believe administer these payments), not the sharpest outfit I ever worked at.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
In addition, one would hope that the quote he is going to get from his insurance company to drive next year will be with parity to a 18 year old with a provisional licence and driving a Lamborghini. ^_^

I don’t think he got a driving conviction, so his insurance will not be affected.

Top Bottom