1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought you were a bloke!!!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Tanis8472, 10 Oct 2017.

1. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Well, he's avoided jail for the assault:

Lee, 46, of Lofthouse near Harrogate, pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm and was given a six-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months on condition he does 160 hours unpaid work. He must also pay Ms Livesey £5,000 compensation.

Recorder Nicholas Barker said Ms Livesey could take civil action against Lee for more compensation. She claimed she had lost at least £9,000 in earnings, sponsorship and prize money through her injury.

www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15825710.Professional_triathlete_pulled_off_her_bike_in_a_road_rage_incident/

2. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

i hope she takes him to the cleaners financially , not only for her losses but also for the physical damage which I am sure will take a long time to completely heal , also he should have gone down , and then maybe some poetic justice , some inmates mistake him for a female , if you get my drift ,

Drago and raleighnut like this.
  3. Mugshot

Mugshot Guru

He gets raped?

4. Julia9054

Julia9054 Veteran

It's a slightly crass way of expressing astonishment at the apparent lenience of the sentence. Of course he doesn't mean he wishes he could be raped.
    I am very disappointed at the lack of a custodial sentence. Can only imagine what the victim must feel like at what seems to be a total downplaying of what he did to her. I am still wondering how the sentence would be different if this unprovoked attack had happened in a town centre and no car or bike were involved.

Deafie, raleighnut and NorthernDave like this.
  5. Mugshot

Mugshot Guru

What do you think his "drift" is then?

I agree.

6. No nothing that bad! He means they'll then expect him to do their ironing for them.

pauldavid, Drago and Deafie like this.
  7. Julia9054

Julia9054 Veteran

It's a slightly off colour joke indicating that he doesn't think the sentence matches the offence

raleighnut likes this.
  8. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

It's actually much more than a 'slightly off colour joke' though. It, and other sad comments like it, indicate support for the idea that the very worst punishment a man could possibly be subjected to is an attack on his masculinity - by treating him like a woman. Mugshot is quite right to challenge it - remarks about Bubba, that were once considered to be amusing, have been discouraged on here for a while now.

jefmcg, AndyRM, swansonj and 7 others like this.
  9. Mugshot

Mugshot Guru

The "drift" suggests there's some inference to be drawn, specifically something that ozboz believes could happen to a woman, someone mistaken for a woman or someone treated like a woman in a mans prison. It could be ironing as Accy has suggested, it could be a beating to mirror the original offence what it is not is nothing. I'm sure ozboz will be along and tell us what the "drift" was that he'd like us to get.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2018
  10. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

The punishment involved in imprisonment is the loss of liberty. We don't send people to prison to be assaulted, sexually or otherwise.

11. Julia9054

Julia9054 Veteran

Which is moot as this guy is free to walk the streets. The message is that it is fine to seriously assault someone if they get in your way on a bike - especially if you think they are a man.

raleighnut and NorthernDave like this.
  12. Regulator

Regulator Treachery is noble when aimed at tyranny.

Yebbut it’s all harmless bantz, innit...

13. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

Hardly 'fine'. He pleaded guilty and has been punished. He might also be sued by the victim. I'm not sure how sending him to prison would really be a good use of resources.

14. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

I wasn't confining my comment to this specific case.

15. Mugshot

Mugshot Guru

Yeah, but if he'd gone to prison.........
    nudge-nudge-wink-wink-o.gif

theclaud and TinyMyNewt like this.