I used to be a well known member round here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope your return to cycling is so spectacular - within whatever limitations you now have - that you eventually share your previous identity with us.

But either way, welcome back.

Note: this was written before reading the post above

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

It looks like I was a little too obvious with my new member statement :smile:

Thank you though, but please, at this stage its based simply on a tiny improvement in activities based on a change of medication and a better recovery, there's every likelihood it'll come to nought, however I can't thank you all enough

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
REALLY interested in how this all goes although I haven't got a clue who you are mate:smile:
You sound like a top bloke to me though reading peoples comments, aswell as your own, on this thread :okay:
The very best of luck to you !!!

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

REALLY interested in how this all goes although I haven't got a clue who you are mate:smile:
You sound like a top bloke to me though reading peoples comments, aswell as your own, on this thread :okay:
The very best of luck to you !!!
I'm a no one :smile: just someone who had the time of their life riding a bike a few years back and was struck down with a few nasty disabilities and illnesses, maybe one I'll become someone :smile:

I'm a no one :smile: just someone who had the time of their life riding a bike a few years back and was struck down with a few nasty disabilities and illnesses, maybe one I'll become someone :smile:
Your already a someone to all the people you've inspired buddy so we'll have no more of that talk :ninja::laugh:

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

It took me a minute or two to suss it - yes, welcome back! :okay:

PS Don't be so hard on yourself - life has been hard enough ... You are ALREADY someone!

Thanks mate, thanks for all the help in the past with the other issues I had, glad to say they are now fully fixed :smile: I never did manage to thank you properly as after my diagnosis I just dropped off grid, giving up was incredibly difficult, anyway might take years, might never happen, but it certainly feels good to be home.

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Appreciate it, I've had plenty of weeks bedbound and even paralysed below the waste, it might be that I'm being far too optimistic, but you've got to put your head out of the bunkers every once in a while, be nice to swap the wheelchair wheels for bike ones even just once a month I've finally got a hospital consultant that listens and wants to help me achieve something in life again

There's not much chance of getting back to previous levels, but if I can do SOMETHING it's better than nothing eh :smile:
Apologies if this is teaching your grandmother to suck eggs**, but with some excellent tricycles out there and electric assist, it seems it is quite possible for people with serious disabilities to get moving.

Yeah, I know that is not a cheap solution and may not work for you. But if you haven't looked at e-bikes, and you can afford them, it may be a way of getting you started

if this reads as patronising, you are hereby welcomed to rudely shut me down.

** does anyone know whence "grandmother .. suck eggs" came?

Top Bottom