I used to be a well known member round here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Apologies if this is teaching your grandmother to suck eggs**, but with some excellent tricycles out there and electric assist, it seems it is quite possible for people with serious disabilities to get moving.

Yeah, I know that is not a cheap solution and may not work for you. But if you haven't looked at e-bikes, and you can afford them, it may be a way of getting your started

if this reads as patronising, you are hereby welcomed to rudely shut me down.

** does anyone know whence "grandmother .. suck eggs" came?
I'd never shut anyone down and always appreciate any help offered, it's something that's sat on the list, it's been 6 days since the change and the improvement came at the weekend, so for now, I want to see how things go before rushing into anything, however I'm already getting bike envy :smile:

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Welcome back @Disabledcyclist40, my best wishes for what lies ahead!
If I am correct, you stopped posting around the time I joined.
Great that your health problems are easing a bit, great that you told us :okay:
Not quite easing, more a case of a medication and consultant have given me 1% improvement, but that's all I need, I judt need that door opened before I come crashing though fighting like hell!!!!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Best wishes for your attempt to get back on the bike - and please keep your chronicle on here. One thought is not to just consider a standard bike - a trike / handbike may also be a solution?

If you're who I think you are ;) then I'm one of those you originally inspired. It's 6 years on since I was given a year to live and as a result of sorting myself out I'm still around!

Oh, and where do I send the bill for all the bikes and cycling stuff I've had to buy as a result? :tongue:

Last edited:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Welcome back!

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Best wishes for your attempt to get back on the bike - and please keep your chronicle on here. One thought is not to just consider a standard bike - a trike / handbike may also be a solution?

If you're who I think you are ;) then I'm one of those you originally inspired. It's 6 years on since I was given a year to live and as a result of sorting myself out I'm still around!

Oh, and where do I send the bill for all the bikes and cycling stuff I've had to buy as a result? :tongue:
Hahah, I'm already looking drooling over carbon, send the bills over I'll see what it inspires me to buy

Thanks again however, glad your still around and that I helped a little :smile:

Top Bottom