I want to buy a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thanks @Saluki , @ghost whistler being an ex Worle person you have great roads round Weston to ride on a decent road bike would manage fine , i always have a selection of retro late 70's to 90's road bikes around your budget and under and i can send them by courier .

what size or how tall are you ? and any colour dislikes ???

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thanks @Saluki , @ghost whistler being a en Worle resident you have some great cycling roads a decent road bike or a flat barred one would be fine i should think .

i always have a selection of above style late 70's to early 90's serviced ready to ride bikes from around the £150 figure and i can send them by courier if need be .

what size frame or how tall are you ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thanks @Saluki , @ghost whistler being a en Worle resident you have some great cycling roads a decent road bike or a flat barred one would be fine i should think .

i always have a selection of above style late 70's to early 90's serviced ready to ride bikes from around the £150 figure and i can send them by courier if need be .

what size frame or how tall are you ?

OP
OP
G
I'm about 5'7, I don't live in Worle. Do you have a catalogue of some kind? I'm not looking to cycle on roads (anymore than is absolutely necessary).

OK, for £200 tops you're a little short of some decent entry level, but not crap bikes, maybe £250 would give you a betterstart, with something that will be enjoyable to ride, and not too heavy.

Search for BTwin, Carrera, and some others which have been mentioned. these will be new bikes.
I've just looked at ebay, and there are a couple or more for less than £200 which are fairly new, although I'm not sure how close they are to you, but it is worth travelling a short distance to get what you want, and that's really the sticking point - if you aren't sure yet, do some research - it seems your close to something flat bar, and no suspension....

Train are not difficult to get on with a bike, just keep out of peak travelling times.

I have a Carrera Subway 1, 22 inch frame, and it's brilliant, my OH has the 16" womesn frame, and she loves it too, , which will allow us to do a London to Paris, and I cycle a lot around the local area, just for enjoyment, it's simple, and very sood value, but there are others around....
Just keep looking, and ask more specific questions here for guidance, we are really a very helpful bunch!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrera-S...the-goodies-/171883507093?hash=item28050e2d95 just one example...

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
OK, for £200 tops you're a little short of some decent entry level, but not crap bikes, maybe £250 would give you a betterstart, with something that will be enjoyable to ride, and not too heavy.

Search for BTwin, Carrera, and some others which have been mentioned. these will be new bikes.
I've just looked at ebay, and there are a couple or more for less than £200 which are fairly new, although I'm not sure how close they are to you, but it is worth travelling a short distance to get what you want, and that's really the sticking point - if you aren't sure yet, do some research - it seems your close to something flat bar, and no suspension....

Train are not difficult to get on with a bike, just keep out of peak travelling times.

I have a Carrera Subway 1, 22 inch frame, and it's brilliant, my OH has the 16" womesn frame, and she loves it too, , which will allow us to do a London to Paris, and I cycle a lot around the local area, just for enjoyment, it's simple, and very sood value, but there are others around....
Just keep looking, and ask more specific questions here for guidance, we are really a very helpful bunch!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrera-S...the-goodies-/171883507093?hash=item28050e2d95 just one example...
Got to love a SPRAM groupy :laugh:

That's a great bike for the money. I would say that would be £120 well spent and a quick train ride to collect it.
I go on the trains, all the time, with my bikes and have never ever had a problem. There are always seats near the bike racks. The station people say that they can't guarantee a seat but they are doing a spot of bum covering. I have never ever had a problem but I've only been taking the train, with a bike since about 1982 so what would I know.

vickster

Legendary Member
No train, know no one with a car? What bike shops are local, post a link.
If you have no transport, buying used is going to be a challenge unless the seller will deliver

Top Bottom