I want to buy a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G
The bike shops here are not cheap enough.

That's my price range, I don't have anymore. If that's not enough then it's not enough.

vickster

Legendary Member
Second hand is your best option but you need to be flexible
Or just look at the Apollo range in Halfords, it'll get you from A-B and they have shops everywhere. A friend of mine did London to Brighton on a £150 Apollo mountain bike

This will do and you'll have £50 for extras

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes-and-classic-bikes/apollo-envoy-mens-hybrid-bike

OP
OP
G
@ghost whistler i picked this up at local carboot and with aprox £25 - 50 spent it would be an ideal bike shame you live so far away
Picked what up?

They just don't have carboots where I live anymore. Used to be popular, but not anymore. Gumtree is the only other place I can think of and there's nothing on there.

As for train travel, I rang the service and was told they couldn't guarantee i'd be able to bring a bike on. So if it turns out it's not possible that day, for whatever reason, I'm screwed.

OP
OP
G
what i picked up was a 1990's Scott Mtb that would have served you well , but alas it has now been sold
so what was the point of telling me in the first plce then?

OP
OP
G
eBay, lots of sellers offer delivery, usually around £30 to send a bike. Decathlon deliver too. Or go to Halfords, must be one locally
No they don't. Everything i've just seen on ebay is collection only.

I know the shops deliver, but i'd have to find something i like. even then buying sight unseen seems foolhardy to me. if there are problems then it becomes a nightmare.

there is no halfords near me.

Top Bottom