I was bored today, so I went looking at bikes and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Did they let you ride it up and down the road before you bought it ?
Nope. I got to sit on it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I like it. Early reviews are rather positive. There's a saying I've read a few times, mostly in conjunction with racing cars, that if it wins it's beautiful. I think that'll win quite a few events in the next few years. The UCI and all its silly rules (and manufacturers who insist on flogging those bikes to Joe Public instead of remembering bikes for everyone else don't need to follow those rules) has much to answer for...Cervelo's really thought about what the riders will want and built it.

This is how triathlon should be done.....Steve Trew writing about Patrick Barnes:

I first met Patrick Barnes at the inaugural London Triathlon back in 1984. He rode a bike named Beelzebub – an old-fashioned ‘sit up and beg’ complete with basket and panniers – was over 70 and had just started competing in triathlon. A legend was born!

A couple of years later, we met again at a day training camp in west London. One of the guest speakers, an international athlete, was talking – rather pretentiously, I have to say – about mental attitude. “When I’m racing,” she said, “I have the letters ‘GUTS’ taped to my handlebars to remind me that I have to dig down deep when it starts hurting.” We all nodded knowingly.

Then a hand rose at the back of the room and a voice spoke in melodious tones. “I can certainly understand that,” said the stately gentleman – an Old Etonian, I’ll have you know. “When I race, I have the initials ‘CAT’ taped to my handlebars…” We waited expectantly for the words of wisdom, and he didn’t disappoint. “… to remind me that I must get some food for my cat when I’ve finished the event!” A rather deflated international athlete was left gasping.

Patrick was brilliant - I spent a few hours with him on a couple of train journeys - "A real gent"

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I knew I had seen the prototype somewhere before......

143497_B.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom