I was bored today, so I went looking at bikes and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I did have a good talk with the rep. Full hydro brakes would be lethal on a bike like this, it weighs less than a cigarette paper, and is very easy to get up to high speeds.
Rep was spouting twaddle. Full hydraulic TT systems aren't available yet, Cervelo will start fitting them when they're available. And hydro systems are just as easy for a rider to modulate as cable discs or callipers.

Slick

Guru
The seat is regulated by UCI rules. The 'nose'has to be a regulated distance behind the centre line.
I didn't know that. On a bike fit I had, the guy spent some time getting the seat, my hips and pedals lined up. My new bike feels like the seat is behind the pedals, I assumed this would reduce your power, but maybe it's supposed to be like that.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I didn't know that. On a bike fit I had, the guy spent some time getting the seat, my hips and pedals lined up. My new bike feels like the seat is behind the pedals, I assumed this would reduce your power, but maybe it's supposed to be like that.
The UCI clamped down on seat length, because some teams were going to put extensions on the nose of the saddles on the TT bikes,
that took them virtually to the bars. The wind tunnel CFD modelling work has been done now, that shows just how many watts are saved, by having a ' wing saddle'. It seems to back up the UCI stance.

Slick

Guru
The UCI clamped down on seat length, because some teams were going to put extensions on the nose of the saddles on the TT bikes,
that took them virtually to the bars. The wind tunnel CFD modelling work has been done now, that shows just how many watts are saved, by having a ' wing saddle'. It seems to back up the UCI stance.
Every day is a school day, cheers.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Im guessing the purchase was cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom