I was taken out this morning..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

I think you are right...you need to report an accident if anyone was injured...hmm..how do i find the non emergency number for the local police?

rusky

CC Addict
Glad to hear you're not too bad.

WRT to reporting it to the police; you need to report it if someone's injured (as in this incident) but not if there's only damamge to property.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

ok..it looks as though under the RTA ANY collision with a cyclist wether injured or not must be reported..I have to call into my local police station tonight

Crankarm

Guru
rsvdaz said:
ok..it looks as though under the RTA ANY collision with a cyclist wether injured or not must be reported..I have to call into my local police station tonight

Obligation to report is on a driver to do so within 24hrs, not the cyclist. No obligation to report an accident as a cyclist. Which is perverse as the cyclist is usually the injured party. But as you don't have the car registration, rode away after the collision without collecting details from the driver and there don't appear to be any witnesses this incident is likely not going very far. Put it down to experience. Next time don't lose your rag, but handle the situation as calmy as possible, get the driver's details as a minimum and the details of any witlesses.

dondare

Über Member
I was left-hooked a few years ago and the driver gave me his name and address.
Which turned out to be false.
I hadn't noted his number.
No result.

Crankarm

Guru
Take pictures. Given that cameras of what ever flavour are now widespread it amazes me that cyclists don't carry one whether a conventional camera, helmet cam or mobile camera. I suppose it is the same type of cyclists who use cable combination locks :biggrin:.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I was taken out last night.

We had a lovely dinner and a film.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

well just after i was on the floor alongside a silver car..just before i was in the cycle lane taking note who was turning left and who wasnt..only the one who knocks me off decides to indicate once she pulls off from the lights when I was along side her

Origamist

Legendary Member
rsvdaz said:

I know that road, Daz. IIRC, it's a 40 limit there (but it changes at various stretches of Riviera Way?), but the traffic moves considerably faster.

What Lee is getting at is that if possible you should try and take the centre of the lane before the junction, in order to limit the opportunity for left hooks. Easier said than done, I know.

PS Hope you feel better soon.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

it is a 40...the traffice was queued on the lights so was using the opportunity to filter to the front..when the lights changed I took note who was turning left I thought it safe to cross the junction..I now know it was wrong to assume that :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
rsvdaz said:
it is a 40...the traffice was queued on the lights so was using the opportunity to filter to the front..when the lights changed I took note who was turning left I thought it safe to cross the junction..I now know it was wrong to assume that :biggrin:

Daz, nothing wrong with filtering, but when the lights change you want to slot yourself back into the centre of the lane before you go through the junction, if at all possible.

I used to cycle to the S.Devon coast from Plympton. Where is your commute?

Top Bottom