I wasn't this stupid when I was a teenager....was I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I toast one side, then turn it untoasted side up and put the cheese on, then grill. It means the bread is less dry and the edges don't get so burned. Obv, some people like the edges burned. I am a weirdo.
YAY ! Someone else who does cheese on toast the 'right' way ! :wahhey: Does that make 2 weirdos - or maybe 3 ?

winjim

Smash the cistern
This is a story that gets told at our annual fire lectures at work. Apparently it also turns out that attempting to cook a beefburger in a toaster is a really daft thing to do.

Arch

Married to Night Train
YAY ! Someone else who does cheese on toast the 'right' way ! :wahhey: Does that make 2 weirdos - or maybe 3 ?

Me too!

subaqua

What’s the point
Oddly some people do cheese on toast without toasting the bread first. Weirdos.

thats melted chees on bread then innit .

toast bread both sides then chuck on the cheese and melt it. and a dash of tabasco and a runny yolk poached egg on it . nom nom nom

or just as cheese is melting pop some sliced tomatos on it with pepper mmmmmmm

Ganymede

Veteran
I sense a clique forming...!

I also put tomato on, or chopped spring onion, or BOTH, then... has to be chutney as accompaniment.

I toast one side, then turn it untoasted side up and put the cheese on, then grill. It means the bread is less dry and the edges don't get so burned. Obv, some people like the edges burned. I am a weirdo.

I do it that way too. It makes sense as just grilling the cheese is silly.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
upload_2014-11-4_11-36-23.jpeg

:whistle:

Top Bottom