I wasn't this stupid when I was a teenager....was I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Went out for a bike ride yesterday, leaving Son #2 on his own at home. He's 14

Son #2 "I fancy cheese on toast, how do I work the grill?" (we have a new kitchen with a new grill/oven thingy so that was a reasonable question)

Me: "blah, blah, blah.....see you in a couple of hours. Call me if you need anything"

Got home to find cheese on toast in the bin. And bits of cheese on the worksurfaces. Had a look around then I realised what had happened.
He'd got the grill thingy to work fine and loaded up the cheese on the bread.....but he didn't realise he had to toast the bread first. So ingenious person he is, he thought that the sensible thing to do would be to stick the bread (now with melted cheese on it) in the toaster. In it went. And out came the melted cheese, dripping out of the bottom of the toaster.

Result: Cheese on toast without much cheese left on it.....and a toaster full of melted orange goo

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

Son #2 "I fancy cheese on toast, how do I work the grill?" (we have a new kitchen with a new grill/oven thingy so that was a reasonable question)

Me: "blah, blah, blah.....see you in a couple of hours. Call me if you need anything"

Got home to find cheese on toast in the bin. And bits of cheese on the worksurfaces. Had a look around then I realised what had happened.
He'd got the grill thingy to work fine and loaded up the cheese on the bread.....but he didn't realise he had to toast the bread first. So ingenious person he is, he thought that the sensible thing to do would be to stick the bread (now with melted cheese on it) in the toaster. In it went. And out came the melted cheese, dripping out of the bottom of the toaster.

Result: Cheese on toast without much cheese left on it.....and a toaster full of melted orange goo

Genius!

tadpole

You know that this is your fault, you're his parent and you've raised him, clearly you've not given him the tools he'll need in life.
He's not the stupid one, you are.
Without showing him even the most basic of cooking skills you expected him to know how to do it, instinctively.

Slightly O.T..... but last night saw a sandwich toaster in Tescos at a fiver so thought I'll get one of those I used to like them. Not seen little-un so excited for ages..... he carried it all round the shop and had cheese and spaghetti toastie for tea then said..... can I have the same tommorrow? wish I was as easily pleased

Drago

Legendary Member
Lay the toaster on its side, easy cheese on toast.

you just stick the toaster on its side and job's a good 'un
:eek:
See below :ph34r:
Call that a disaster? There's a guy in the pub I work in who came in with a burn across the bridge of his nose. He had got back from the pub the night before and fancied cheese on toast, but couldn't be arsed to put the grill on. So he'd lain the toaster on its side, toasted the bread lightly, placed the cheese on top and carefully placed the whole lot back in the side-down toaster. All rather ingenious until he got impatient and decided to peer into the toaster to see how it was getting on, when he was suddenly reminded in abrupt nose-searing fashion that eye-level grills do not normally fire their toasted contents at your face when they consider them done. I forgot to ask whether he opted for Worcester Sauce or Mustard.

Top Bottom