I wasn't this stupid when I was a teenager....was I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Those things are f*cking lethal. My mate served me up a bean and cheese toastie he'd made in his. The first bite filled my mouth with a substance slightly hotter than lava. The inside of my mouth took some time to recover.
:laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl:
What did you expect from something straight out of a HOT toastie-maker ?? A nice cool sandwich ??

Of course, I've never been known to do that ... :whistle: Melted cheese doesn't half burn .. err ... someone's mouth

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Next time he needs a munch and has only a toaster to hand, why not try soup?

Won't it dribble out of the bottom of the toaster?

AndyRM

XOXO
:laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl:
What did you expect from something straight out of a HOT toastie-maker ?? A nice cool sandwich ??

Of course, I've never been known to do that ... :whistle: Melted cheese doesn't half burn .. err ... someone's mouth

In my admittedly limited defence, the bread was innocuously cool, and I can eat a normal toastie straight out the grill. I suppose that sealing the bread superheated the contents. Needless to say, I have never eaten one of those things again!

subaqua

What’s the point
In my admittedly limited defence, the bread was innocuously cool, and I can eat a normal toastie straight out the grill. I suppose that sealing the bread superheated the contents. Needless to say, I have never eaten one of those things again!
I beleive that is what mcdonalds use to heat the apple pies. cold as a witches tit on the outside, hotter than the surface of the sun on the inside.

toasties are best made 20 minutes before you need to eat them so the insides can warm the outsides!

ayceejay

Guru
When I was a teenager the butter straight from the fridge was too hard to spread and as the eye level grill was still hot from the toast I popped the butter. plastic dish and all. under for a few minutes. You may be able to guess the rest.

Ganymede

Veteran
[QUOTE 3362044, member: 259"]
2013-11-12-burning01.jpg
[/QUOTE]
If those chaps are making cheese on toast I'd say it was a jolly inefficient way to go about it...

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I certainly wasn't that stupid at 14. I might well have made just as much of a hash of "cooking" but would definitely hidden the evidence so that my stupidity wasn't discovered.

subaqua

What’s the point
This is a story that gets told at our annual fire lectures at work. Apparently it also turns out that attempting to cook a beefburger in a toaster is a really daft thing to do.
so is putting in a ivory handled knife with a metal blade to free a lodged crumpet. that was when i decided that an RCD at the DB for the kitchen sockets was a good idea.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
so is putting in a ivory handled knife with a metal blade to free a lodged crumpet. that was when i decided that an RCD at the DB for the kitchen sockets was a good idea.

I hate to say this, but not putting metal objects into a switched on toaster (ever again) would be my first thought - surely you'd only need the RCD if you intended doing it regularly

(RCD are a "good thing" so "just sayin' like")

jhawk

Veteran
I once boiled water dry because I forgot about it while making hotdogs... Erm, I was 14, I believe... Aside from that, I can do a mean toast-with-butter, spaghetti bolognese, and chicken fried rice!

I have of course had my stupid moments... Boiling the water dry was one of them, along with burning rice to the bottom of the saucepan, leaving the lid slightly off the slow cooker, thereby destroying the soup we had inside... I'm not going to go on, my pride wouldn't take it.

Top Bottom