I wasn't this stupid when I was a teenager....was I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I still remember getting our first microwave when I was 10 or so.

The (Stainless steel) pot of tea was cold so I stuck it in the microwave to heat it up a bit :idea:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
So true. I've done that myself with excellent results. Not recommended with a cheap toaster, you need one that will toast fat bread as it has wider slots.

just realised that it might require a bit of skill / carefully placed plate if used with pop-up (or pop-sideways) toaster too

screenman

Legendary Member
Fancy blaming the child, shame on you.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Someone, not a million miles away from where I'm sitting, once threw a bucket of cold water on a coal fire to put it out. :ohmy:

About ten minutes later, after the plume of smoke had cleared, he realised what an absolute sooty disaster he'd made of his grandparents living room. :ph34r:

I think he would have been about 14 at the time!:highfive:

Brains

Legendary Member
Went out for a bike ride yesterday, leaving Son #2 on his own at home. He's 14

Son #2 "I fancy cheese on toast, how do I work the grill?" (we have a new kitchen with a new grill/oven thingy so that was a reasonable question)

Me: "blah, blah, blah.....see you in a couple of hours. Call me if you need anything"

Got home to find cheese on toast in the bin. And bits of cheese on the worksurfaces. Had a look around then I realised what had happened.
He'd got the grill thingy to work fine and loaded up the cheese on the bread.....but he didn't realise he had to toast the bread first. So ingenious person he is, he thought that the sensible thing to do would be to stick the bread (now with melted cheese on it) in the toaster. In it went. And out came the melted cheese, dripping out of the bottom of the toaster.

Result: Cheese on toast without much cheese left on it.....and a toaster full of melted orange goo

When I was a baby we had an Italian au-pair, the cause of the ensuing house fire was exactly as above.
Luckily she grabbed me on her way out.

Top Bottom