I wish...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I had a couple of choppers, my brother also had the much cheaper puch version which was very yellow and from what I remember almost ruined his jewels.:eek:

The Grifter was my unrequainted love.:smooch:
You had a couple of Choppers? And a Grifter? You must have been well minted!

Slick

Guru
You had a couple of Choppers? And a Grifter? You must have been well minted!
No sorry, I did have a couple of choppers and my mate still bring them back to their former glory when he can get his hands on an old frame. The Grifter was my unrequainted love, meaning I never ever did get my hands on one.

mgs315

rein-taaramae-katusha-canyon-aeroad-cf-slx-sram-etap-1-1454891669316-1892d7qu3hc06-1200-80.jpg

Shame my ability is way below the bikes. Still, would make me smile.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Raleigh Equipe - I had this when I was about 14. Loved that bike. Saw one identical on eBay a few weeks back (pointed out to me by a forum member), but unfortunately we’ve had a lot to pay out this month.

Likewise. I see them come up on eBay every so often, and think I might treat myself one day. Tatty ones about £50, some in pretty good nick around £150.

I loved that bike so much!

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg

A Pennine Richmond , my oldest brother had one bought for him in the early sixties , it was eventually passed down to me, when my youngest brother took it on , as per him he left it lay half on pavement and kerb , it got reversed over , so off to the tip ,
Lovely bikes , and I used to see Pennine bikes in Gerry Shields Shop ,Manchester ,
full road racing spec of the day , I would like one ,
Memory Lane stuff , but would like one !

OP
OP
MilkRace

MilkRace

View attachment 394405

A Pennine Richmond , my oldest brother had one bought for him in the early sixties , it was eventually passed down to me, when my youngest brother took it on , as per him he left it lay half on pavement and kerb , it got reversed over , so off to the tip ,
Lovely bikes , and I used to see Pennine bikes in Gerry Shields Shop ,Manchester ,
full road racing spec of the day , I would like one ,
Memory Lane stuff , but would like one !
Looks an awesome frame and to see it go out like that would have been really sad......but it still has the memories.....and you can't beat the memories...!

Top Bottom