I wish...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Whoever's at the back is going to have a great view.
She always does!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A touring Paramount (Schwinn) from the mid seventies.
Like this one
1976-Schwinn-Paramount-touring-bike.jpg

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A long, straight and smooth hill would be interesting! (downwards)
Here's one, which is a hell of a lot closer to you than to me:

I did my fastest ever speed on a bicycle on that one, at the time shown in the embedded video, i.e. at 11:00. It has all the ingredients, being long, steep (>= 10%), smooth and straight.

Last edited:

Alan O

Über Member
Although I occasionally ponder on what I'd buy if I suddenly became very wealthy, the truth is that I don't really have any great "I wish" bikes in mind.

I've no interest in carbon or in fast road bikes (or fast anything really), I don't much like the look of most modern bikes, and my current bikes suit me very well - in particular the Raleigh Royal tourer I built last year for £250 and the GT MTB I got for £110. I occasionally think that I might one day treat myself to a nice new tourer (and I could afford to buy one if I really wanted one), but then I think back on my most recent rides on the Raleigh (which I've got fitting me just about perfectly now) and I really can't think of what improvements I'd actually want over it.

I sometimes half regret having given away my first proper bike, an Ernie Clements Falcon. But I'd just bought a shiny new bike, and if I'd kept both then a friend who couldn't afford a bike wouldn't have had one at all - so I'm happy it was the right decision.

No, overall, I have to say I'm happy with what I've got and I'm really only interested in doing more rides rather than possessing more stuff.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
+1

I don't think there is a bike available that I want enough. It is not a question of cash. I am just happy with my current fleet or things around that price bracket. Yes, I always hanker after some new tech - but ultimately I don't feel the need to spend tens of thousands of pounds on a bike as i am more a value for money kind of guy.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Raleigh Chopper. Couldn't afford one when a kid so me and my mates use to try and hack our own versions together using long bits of wood and metal piping to make the seat, put smaller wheels on the front, etc. Now I ride around on a carbon bike with super slick gears but still hanker after a Chopper!

No sniggering at the back please!

Slick

Guru
Raleigh Chopper. Couldn't afford one when a kid so me and my mates use to try and hack our own versions together using long bits of wood and metal piping to make the seat, put smaller wheels on the front, etc. Now I ride around on a carbon bike with super slick gears but still hanker after a Chopper!

No sniggering at the back please!
I had a couple of choppers, my brother also had the much cheaper puch version which was very yellow and from what I remember almost ruined his jewels.:eek:

The Grifter was my unrequainted love.:smooch:

Top Bottom