ideal weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ningishzidda

Victoria-Pendleton-Nude-2_zps4c855170.jpg

Victoria Pendleton.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good job I look like a rugby player and not a cyclist then! :thumbsup:
The problem is when you also ride like a rugby player! :laugh:

david k

Hi
It is impossible to say whether you are overweight just from your height. You might have anything from a very heavy build to a very light one.
So, try an experiment .. (For the sake of modesty, let's assume that you have a pair of boxer shorts on :laugh:) ... Jump up in the air while looking at yourself in a full-length mirror and tense all your muscles. When you land, can you see anything wobble?
If the answer is 'no', then you probably don't need to lose much weight, unless you are one of those people who stores a lot of fat internally.
If the answer is 'yes' then you have surplus fat and could definitely lose some weight. Surplus fat doesn't help your performance so losing it wouldn't hurt your performance.
If you don't cycle up a lot of hills then a few pounds here or there isn't going to make that much difference, but if you do a lot of hills then every pound lost will help as long as you don't overdo it and lose power.

errr..... i have this 'mate' and he did this experiment yesterday and its still wobbling, what does that mean?

tyred

Legendary Member
9f115536bd7a8a8f180ad168d0460050.jpg

pic173021374_600.jpg

For some reason when I look at these pictures, I'm not convinced its the scrawny guy who has problems with the ladies :headshake:

Are those before and after pictures?

Jonathing

Über Member
I'm 5'9" and 8 1/2 stone and can't climb for toffee. Whenever I meet new people on the bike they always say that I'm like some sort of racing snake and that they'll have to watch me on the hills. Then always seem bemused that I'm one of the worst climbers in Yorkshire (a slight exaggeration, but only a slight one). I find that if I can get my weight up to 9 stone, while keeping my fitness up, I ride much better. I can't maintain that weight though, I have a job, I can't actually spend all day eating, which is pretty much what it takes.

david k

Hi
I'm 5'9" and 8 1/2 stone and can't climb for toffee. Whenever I meet new people on the bike they always say that I'm like some sort of racing snake and that they'll have to watch me on the hills. Then always seem bemused that I'm one of the worst climbers in Yorkshire (a slight exaggeration, but only a slight one). I find that if I can get my weight up to 9 stone, while keeping my fitness up, I ride much better. I can't maintain that weight though, I have a job, I can't actually spend all day eating, which is pretty much what it takes.
im the other end of the scale and i also cannot climb ha ha

Top Bottom