ideal weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Wonder if I would get away with saying something similar about men and fat chicks.

No?

Thought not.

My mum's always saying stuff like "if you get any skinnier you'll fall down a drain'.
It seems to be socially acceptable to comment about thin people.
However, I would never say to someone 'if you get any fatter you might not fit through that door' to anyone.

Wonder if I would get away with saying something similar about men and fat chicks.

No?

Thought not.

Yes you could. It's a statement of fact. What you can't say is all fat chicks are bad people because that is not a fact. Anyway the chap in the picture didn't look that scrawny to me - although he does look like a bit of a short arse! :whistle:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes you could. It's a statement of fact. What you can't say is all fat chicks are bad people because that is not a fact. Anyway the chap in the picture didn't look that scrawny to me - although he does look like a bit of a short arse! :whistle:
The 'chap in the picture' is Mark Cavendish. A mere 5ft 8, definitely not scrawny though.

As an actually scrawny person, I have had thousands of horrible phrases about my weight and various other 'deficiencies' (genuine or alleged) aimed at me over the years (and that was some of the less unpleasant abuse I've had). I'm not unhealthily underweight, what's their problem? I don't like my body very much, but frankly compared to some of the under & overweight specimens I see around, it's still in better shape than lots of others.

redcard

Veteran

Yes, yes. How controversial of you.

vickster

Legendary Member
And Wiggins! 6ft3 and 70kg is pretty scrawny but perfect for cycling up hills and the like

Rowers and rugby players...

Garz

Squat Member
Cyclists typically have below normal % of bodyfat even among sports people. Your average man should be between 10-20%, pro cyclists are not 'average' coming in around the 5-10% range.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
In general indeed. Depends on the cyclist. From the heterosexual male perspective, lady cyclists rock ;)
You mean these ladies do not rock your boat? snap you in half :smile:
blogpic.jpg

Top Bottom