ideal weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianwoodi

ianwoodi

If i sick to my careful eating for the next few months i should reach 101/2 stone and ready to fly up the big hills around here so watch out behind you:laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
An example on todays club run was perfect.
One of the guys on the run is well built and on the flat he could probably drop me but on the hills i can big ring hills he needs to granny ring up .
Horses for courses.
Weighed myself and i was 10 stone 9llbs, it was after a weekend of eating to much and after a full sunday dinner :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
At 5'9" I'm now 10st 7lb and I've been that weight, give or take a couple of lbs, for the past year.

Does it help with hills? Absolutely, although I'm not planning to drop further.

OP
OP
ianwoodi

ianwoodi

Yes i can big ring hills and blown one or two off hills but the problem i have is the desent cannot hold my nerve reach 30mph and then slowdown to many things going through my head

OP
OP
ianwoodi

ianwoodi

What i need now is a good training plan to work on the hills not in emplyment at the moment so will be able to train every day if wife lets me out

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yes i can big ring hills and blown one or two off hills but the problem i have is the desent cannot hold my nerve reach 30mph and then slowdown to many things going through my head

That's practice and positioning. It's also partly in the mind - I have the same issue once the bike goes over 50mph.

You've got the hills around you. Can I suggest finding a straight descent without potholes (are there any?) and keep trying.

A lot of girls don't find scrawny men attractive . . . . . just saying :whistle:

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Just short of 6' by a natts head. I usually put on weight through winter and loose what I want through summer. Winter weight usually 13st 10lb and go down to about 13st 6lb by mid year. I am heavy boned and sink in water like a brick not like my wife who floates in the sea.....Im happy with my weight/s as I don't race the bike I have no issues. I can climb hills in my time and enjoy it plus I can sprint not bad for a 53yr old who enjoys good food and drink! I do creak and ache though.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Big Mig was 6' 2" and 12 st 9. Why not?
Big Mig rode 100 miles a day, six days a week, at race pace or near offer. Fine if you've got the aptitude and someone paying you to do it - not so fine if you're human.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
A lot of girls don't find scrawny men attractive . . . . . just saying :whistle:

9f115536bd7a8a8f180ad168d0460050.jpg

pic173021374_600.jpg

For some reason when I look at these pictures, I'm not convinced its the scrawny guy who has problems with the ladies :headshake:

Top Bottom