Idiot proof recipes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you for this recipe. It may not help my diet but it will help me get rid of two tins in the cupboard.^_^
I found some the other day, chucked it into my normal cycling snack recipe. May make it a regular ingredient. Lots of energy in it for sure i think.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
If you ever find yourself with an excess of toffee/dulce de leche
20200506_175306.jpg

20200506_172846.jpg

Idiot proof banana and toffee cheesecake

Crush some biscuits, mix with melted butter (sand for castles consistency)
Press it gently in the glass/mold
Mix same amounts of cream cheese and cream, add sugar, tiny squeeze of lemon, some toffee, put into glass
Slice bananas mix with dulce de leche, put on top
Need a few hours to set in the fridge

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Restaurant quality chicken stock/broth

1/2 chopped chicken (or a couple of carcasses)
2 med onions
2 med carrots
1 parsnip
Salt, peppercorns, allspice, MSG

Wash the chix, cover with cold water (3l) and bring to gentle simmer on med heat, constantly skimming
Once simmering lower the heat again and add salt and msg (3:1 ratio)
Wash the veg
Chop carrots and parsnip into big chunks
Quarter onions without peeling (skin is kept for color)
Heat up a skillet (no oil), put the onions in, charr them untill black)
After roughly 1.5 - 2h, add veg to the pot, keep barely simmer (very gently) for another 1 - 1.5h

Cool down, keep meat and veg separate from the stock, can be kept for a couple of days in the fridge, freezes beautifully

Important things are skimming if you would like a beautiful, clear stock without clarification step, and use a fresh meat

Don't be scared of MSG, use it with head
You can serve the chicken with the broth and some angel's hair pasta and chopped parsley, or use it for anything else

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
One of my favourites is this (I use chicken which you can leave out).

Put some jasmine rice on to cook.
Oil a wok with a plain oil and some toasted sesame oil. Fry your meat (tofu? Or just leave this bit out) with some Miso paste, Chinese spice and pepper, add chilli to taste. Add green peppers, spring onions, loads of fresh ginger and some garlic. Courgette is nice too.
Add soy sauce and dish it out before the veggies go soft.

I buy Hikari Inaka miso paste of Amazn, fiver for 400g

Many thanks for the responses: I wasn't getting notifications for this thread for some reasons, so I'll go back through it.

Not just now though as I need to concentrate on the current culinary adventure: I'm boiling an egg...

Eziemnaik

Über Member
If you have an access to paella pan, and made some extra chicken stock you can put it to a fantastic use
IMG_20200908_163858.jpg

Chicken paella for 2 (hungry) people
1 big red pepper
1 big onion
Tomato pure/concentrate 2tbps
Passata/tomato frito 1cup
Saffron & smoked paprika (you can get away with paella ready seasoning, should be available in migrants shops)
Chicken stock
Half a chix, chopped into bits, bone and all
Paella rice - you can use bomba (if you can find it), if not arroz redondo will do
Amount of rice will depend on your pan, what you want is one thin layer covering the pan (one grain thin)
Paella pan (my experience use at least forearm wide pan for two)
Note on the rice - different varieties will need different amounts of liquid/stock, bomba being most absorbent (3.5 volume of liquid to rice), lesser varieties taking roughly 2.5volume

Fine dice veg, sauté on low fire untill sofrito becomes really sweet
Add tomato and tomato pure
Fry some more time, add your spices
Put sofrito aside, wipe the pan, high heat, fry the chicken untill golden brown, mix with sofrito
Clear the pan
Heat up some oil, gently fry the rice (it will help each grain being less sticky, also gives extra flavour - do not skip this step)
Add sofrito and chicken to the rice, add measured volume of stock
High heat, cook without stirring too much for about 6-8min, check seasoning halfway through (I start with each element seasoned so it is easier),adjust salt n pepper
After that we have two options
Either turn the heat to very low, and be mindfull so it doesn't burn
Or put your paella into the 190c oven and finish it there for another 10-12 min
Total cooking time depends on the rice and your stove, shouldn't exceed 16-18min

Top Bottom