if carlsberg made chain catchers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
What's wrong with a Dog Fang? I can only see these to be of use on frames with non-round seat tubes.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

dog fang's from what ive seen only catch the chain, they dont actualy direct the chain onto the ring when it drops down, and these do when you run them close enough

thats why brad wiggins uses them :ohmy:

Will1985

Über Member
That's an incorrectly setup Dog Fang then. A proper one almost touches the side of the chain so there is no possibility of it dropping off.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

yeah put if it does drop of the bottom ring, wether it just does or its when it drops down from the big ring the chain can sit on the dog fang, and not get dirrected anywhere,

the k edge curve's down, so has no where at all for the chain to hang up on...simples

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

how there useless if you use a band on, it attaches by using a longer bolt, so when you bolt your mech to the band, the k edge sits in front of it and the bolt go's through it to the bolt...

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
mr-marty-martin said:
how there useless if you use a band on, it attaches by using a longer bolt, so when you bolt your mech to the band, the k edge sits in front of it and the bolt go's through it to the bolt...

Yes - but you'll need another 2.99 for the 'hard to fit kit', so we are now up to almost 30 quid! We need an enterprising (UK?) manufacturer/supplier to make one available at a reasonable price. By the way, the Dog Fang isn't without its' flaws - I couldn't get one that would fit my Ribble 7005SL frame without using a shim.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

you'll find most peaople have a longer bolt to fit somewhere in the box of bits...

£30 worth it, dropping a chain is bad crack, specialy with carbon, as it can rap around and damage the cabon, and how much did you pay for the frame...

Top Bottom