If I Could Turn Back Time. If I Could Find A Way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If anyone has any tips on over 60's bike riding, I'm here waiting.
You shouldn't be - we already answered! :okay:
Ride hard enough to get breathless several times in a ride, and long enough to get tired.

Take as much time as you need to fully recover.

And repeat. Regularly...
:whistle:

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
  • Decide at what age you are going to die. I suggest 125. One or two men have reached that age so it is not ridiculous.
  • No matter what you do, make sure that that doing in itself constitutes its own reward.
  • Plan everything with your chosen lifespan in mind. Take it seriously: finances, fitness, diet, relationships, ambitions…
  • The best time to start anything is at the age of six. The next best time is now. Start starting.
  • Statistically, you are unlikely to reach 125; but never mind, act in the certitude that you will reach it and you will go out running, riding and happy. You will have died too soon, not lived too long.
  • Ten minutes of life is still life, if you survived the last ten minutes you will nearly always survive the next ten minutes.
  • When you have nothing to give, give a smile. When there is nothing to take, take courage. γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

If you cycle regularly, then regardless of your pace, you are probably fitter than 90% of the people your age, so I wouldn't worry too much.
^^^This +1 Physio yesterday about my knee.I learned that My knee is actually ok and my leg muscles are incredibly strong & defined (so physio said😊) few people half my age have the same strength and definition. Now all this was lovely to hear especially when suffering anxieties and other stuff and beat myself up a lot but it shows that we are never too old and age means nothing. Get out on ya bike and ride, you are never too old :okay:

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
If you cycle regularly, then regardless of your pace, you are probably fitter than 90% of the people your age, so I wouldn't worry too much.
I walked back up the hill from the shop about an hour ago and I overtook a youngish couple who were panting like marathon runners about half way up. In fairness, it's a pretty steep hill, but even so!!

otherself

Fully lugged in.
I'm 43 this year. For me weight gain and lack of conditioning is my bane. I could spend months sat at a computer at 25, get out on my bike and be at an 18mph average within ~3 or 4 weeks. Can't do that now, it takes 3 to 4 months to jump from a 13mph average to 18mph. I used to weigh 74kg at 25. Now I'm hovering 83-84kg (5'10). I'm on a fruit and veg diet and spend more time on the weights, I find it helps a lot with weight loss and conditioning, but it's 70% what I prep in the kitchen, good sleep and ride more regularly that helps the most.

Top Bottom