If it isn't on Strava ( other route loggers are available) it didn't happen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris1983

I log all my own rides on strava for my own goals and aims. I like to track my total distance and push myself on key segments. Or race home from work in personal best times. I actually have a lot of private segments on strava as I'm not that interested how I fair against other riders.

I couldn't carless what others do, say or claim. At the end of the day team sky are not knocking on my door and nor are they speaking to those that make wild claims so chances are neither me or them can be that good so who really cares if they can back up their claims or not.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I log my rides on RWGPS, but I keep many of them private. All the same I get mightily hacked off if I have a battery failure or a brain fart and miss out on recording some of the ride. And there's only me involved. What's the matter with me? Don't I trust me?

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I take all the ride info' written on here or mentioned face to face as the truth.

No need to be cynical about other's achievements.
Oh believe me, there is every need to be cynical. How very dare anybody try to claim a 6 mile commute, they didn't do. How VERY DARE ANYBODY claim to have ridden round a park, with their family, that they didn't. Massive baw bags, all of them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well you haven't provided a link to Strava, so that clearly didn't happen.
If you are that desperate to check you can always look on Strava yourself;)

I've never seen the point in cheating (at least not at my level, for elite athletes who might win a lot of money or kudos I can sort of see an angle for why, not that I respect it) and if I do well, I want to be pleased that I did it, not that I needed drugs or some computer program to boost my times. I'm not that much of an angel though.... I will admit to cycling along one segment whilst knowing that I had a really strong tail wind:whistle:, but I had also been out battling the head winds that day anyway!:biggrin:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sometimes I use my Garmin on a ride, sometimes I don't bother.
Sometimes I download the ride, sometimes I don't bother.
Sometimes I wear a h***et, mostly I don't bother.
Sometimes I ride my bike, sometimes I don't bother.
etc. etc..

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You can always check out #stravaw*nkers on Twitter to find some really serious Stravaholics :tongue:

jayonabike