If you bought a Rose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I'll get myself a Rose. How do I calculate the price I'll pay in the UK by the time it is delivered to my front door? In other words, do I have to add import duties and VAT and delivery (this I know about) to the price I see online?

I've just bought this, had it 4 days, cost me £860 because it was a showroom model. Ultegra 11 speed.Its fantastic, love it more than my carbon for sure. Irrelevant to your post but just wanted to share.
View attachment 85332
That is nice. How did you manage to get a showroom model?

Kbrook

Veteran
No import duties or VAT. You pay the price plus another about £40 for the box and posting.

On their website they have a section called " individual pieces", some of them are showroom, some demo models. I was just lucky in that it had the bike I wanted in the right colour and size. There is not a huge choice on there but stock changes regularly. Not huge discounts either because their prices are so keen anyway.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think I'll get myself a Rose. How do I calculate the price I'll pay in the UK by the time it is delivered to my front door? In other words, do I have to add import duties and VAT and delivery (this I know about) to the price I see online?

Just add delivery.

It will be the same as any other online purchase, when you click through to buy the total price will be shown.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Good to see the heads up on the price change. I'm on the edge of making a purchase myself (Xeon CGF-3100 - has to be black/red). Delivery is quoted at £27.20.

I've been trying to buy a Rose for two weeks now with the most pathetic service I've experienced in a long time. I want an upgrade to the gruppo offered on the web model and can't do it online. I phoned twice (hung on forever to nice German dialogue and Rammstein - I wish) and e-mailed six times. Finally I got a return to my e-mail (from the web link) and I was quoted 300. I have no idea if that is GBP, Euro, Lira or IOUs.

That doesn't bode well for the future of my bike.
@Vertego - MY delivery is listed as 65 Pounds plus 15 for a box? How dit you manage only 27?

Vertego

...@Vertego - MY delivery is listed as 65 Pounds plus 15 for a box? How dit you manage only 27?
Not sure. Just selected item and this is what the web page shows.

upload_2015-4-18_18-33-55.png

Haven't tried going through to checkout so hopefully it will hold good.

What bike are you going for? Is it bigger/heavier?

Vertego

That's just odd. 9.85Kg +/-5% it says. The CGF-3100 is about 7.05Kg +/-5%. Apart from the weight can't see why there should be any differences in the shipping cost.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Shipping costs
international shipping costs
gb.png
Great Britain

Shipping costs for road bike, MTB:
£ 27.20
costs for ROSE Bike-Box:
£ 15.29
Shipping costs for trekking bikes, e-bikes:
£ 68.00
costs for ROSE Bike-Box:
£ 15.29