If you bought a Rose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Thanks for the heads up. It appears they've accidentally listed my bike as an e-bike, which it isn't it is a P-bike. P for pedal.
- or it's a trekking bike. £15.29 seemed to me to be a lot for a large cardboard box but even after adding the cost of the box and shipping the total price was way, way below what I would have paid for a similar spec bike in the UK when I bought mine about 18 months ago, and recently the same bike has been even better value, at around £300 less than I paid.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Rose UK Sales, Media and service:
FINLAY PATON
Phone +44 7775 786709 fin@rosebikes.co.uk

Office Hours
9am - 5.30pm / Monday to Saturday

Rose UK 14 Kingdom Ave,
Northacre Ind Park, Westbury,
Wiltshire, BA13 4EW
Visitors by appointment only

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I spoke to him last week, seemed very helpful to be honest, hopefully you'll find the same.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
I ordered mine and must say that Finlay's assistance in the process has been most helpful.

Delivery schedules slipped back but no explanation was provided. Finlay was always quick to get back with an explanation. Delays were usually due to parts availability.

Just awaiting, anxiously, for the bike to be delivered. Monday hopefully.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I ordered mine and must say that Finlay's assistance in the process has been most helpful.

Delivery schedules slipped back but no explanation was provided. Finlay was always quick to get back with an explanation. Delays were usually due to parts availability.

Just awaiting, anxiously, for the bike to be delivered. Monday hopefully.
Mines arrived now, we'll just over a week ago, there's a thread called "my new best friend" in general cycling (can't link I'm on the tablet, sorry) I think the delay may have been due to the price hike in May and the extra orders that may have caused by people getting in before hand, mine took 8 weeks. Speaking to Finlay was certainly well worth it I think and I am delighted with my Rose, I bet you will be too :okay: Which one did you go for?

Vertego

Went for the Xeon CGF-3100. Black & red.

Originally told that the standard saddle was out of stock. That's entirely plausible. No-one seems to be doing the monolink saddles and Selle Italia appear to have dropped it from their range on their website. Next it was Di2 supply problems.

Delivery schedule went from 8 weeks to 12 weeks then back to 8 weeks, reducing with the passage of time to 2 weeks, which then jumped up to 4 weeks. No explanations ever received from Rose, which I did find disappointing. I can live with delays as long as I understand why.

Status went to dispatched on Wednesday, with a flurry of activities that day...then nothing.

Just have to hope & wait.

Went for the Xeon CGF-3100. Black & red.

Originally told that the standard saddle was out of stock. That's entirely plausible. No-one seems to be doing the monolink saddles and Selle Italia appear to have dropped it from their range on their website. Next it was Di2 supply problems.

Delivery schedule went from 8 weeks to 12 weeks then back to 8 weeks, reducing with the passage of time to 2 weeks, which then jumped up to 4 weeks. No explanations ever received from Rose, which I did find disappointing. I can live with delays as long as I understand why.

Status went to dispatched on Wednesday, with a flurry of activities that day...then nothing.

Just have to hope & wait.

Exactly my experience too. First, I could not get them to respond to a question about upgrading from Ultegra to Ultegra with Hydraulic. Then they explained that I should go through the entire process of buying the product, but put a question into the final checkout form. I did. Then nothing, nada for weeks. Then I prodded them about the questions - four times, before someone came back with an answer. A simple round number. Then I wanted to know if the answer was in Euro or GBP - another two weeks for that. I placed the order and was told the waiting time is 8 weeks.
Then, four weeks later, fork supply issues cropped up and I had to wait another 8 weeks. That's when my existing bike started to look very attractive again and I decided Rose was not in my future.
Now they are prodding me to make a decision on the order - they want my money. I'm timing my reply according to theirs - a non-committal one first, then two weeks then another crumb then two weeks....yawn.
Unfortunately I'm not on their mailing list and get bombed with specials and stuff.

Vertego

Getting tired now. Called Parcelforce. Lame excuses.

5 minutes after I called, the tracking status is updated to...

29/6/2015 15:04 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
29/6/2015 15:03 International Hub Received in destination country

Clearly it's been here for a while (exactly how long a while is anyone's guess). Has anyone here got any better idea that Parcelforce what this might mean and how much longer I will have to wait? At this rate I will need another haircut before it arrives.

Cyclist33

Shop locally, is the moral of the story.

Its not as if there is a shortage of astonishing bikes available within a, oooh, 50 mile radium of wherever you live!

Stu

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Getting tired now. Called Parcelforce. Lame excuses.

5 minutes after I called, the tracking status is updated to...

29/6/2015 15:04 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
29/6/2015 15:03 International Hub Received in destination country

Clearly it's been here for a while (exactly how long a while is anyone's guess). Has anyone here got any better idea that Parcelforce what this might mean and how much longer I will have to wait? At this rate I will need another haircut before it arrives.
If its awaiting customs clearance it can sometimes mean, they have paid the customs bill, have sent you an invoice and will release it once its been paid.

But as it coming from germany you may not have a customs bill to pay and it will be delivered shortly.

Top Bottom