If you bought a Rose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I bought mine towards the end of the year, everything went to schedule, in spite of storms in the North Sea. Guess they weren't so busy.

Getting tired now. Called Parcelforce. Lame excuses.

5 minutes after I called, the tracking status is updated to...

29/6/2015 15:04 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
29/6/2015 15:03 International Hub Received in destination country

Clearly it's been here for a while (exactly how long a while is anyone's guess). Has anyone here got any better idea that Parcelforce what this might mean and how much longer I will have to wait? At this rate I will need another haircut before it arrives.

Mine took about a week to get here from dispatch from Germany.
Looking back at my parcel force history.. once its status was "Received in destination country" then it was delivered the next day.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Eventually arrived. No thanks to Parcelforce...

Rose-3.jpg
Rose-6.jpg

Vertego

Bike appears to be OK, although there is a couple of small marks on the paintwork on the rear stay. Not enough to send the bike back, but enough to grumble about, which I will do in a very considered way once I've downloaded the photo.

(I'm used to stating a case effectively. I'm a litigation executive. But I am not one to stamp my feet and complain at the slightest problem)

Vertego

Sure have. Nice ride. Comfortable before a bike fit. Comfortable after a bike fit, although that is to be revisited after a new seatpost is fitted. The 350mm supplied is too short and Rose don't have any 400mm in stock.

Averaging 2-3kmh faster too ^_^

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Sure have. Nice ride. Comfortable before a bike fit. Comfortable after a bike fit, although that is to be revisited after a new seatpost is fitted. The 350mm supplied is too short and Rose don't have any 400mm in stock.

Averaging 2-3kmh faster too ^_^
Well that's a result despite the box, nice one :okay:

huwsparky

Über Member
Lovely looking bike.:smile:

Sorely tempted by a Rose myself. They are looking superb value for money currently. Wasn't going to but my next bike till next year but who knows how the pound well be against the Euro by then?

Vertego

Just read Bikeradar's article on the 2016 range. Nice looking bikes. Not going to get at all despondent. There's always 'better next year'.

Live for today and enjoy the moment. It might be your last :ohmy:

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
One of my rules in life, never read reviews or look at prices or search for similar after I've made a purchase, madness is a guarantee otherwise :smile:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
In my case I bought the last Xeon CRS3000 in my size in matt UD carbon - the finish I very much preferrred :smile:. The next season the matt finish had been discontinued!
Of course the price has dropped a couple of hundred £ in the 18 months or so since:sad:.

Top Bottom