If you bought a Rose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
May I ask which of these three would you choose and why please?

X Lite CRS 4000

Carbon, Dura Ace, DT Swiss R20, claimed 6.35kg, £2221.75

X Lite CRS 3100

Carbon, Ultegra Di2, DT Swiss R20, claimed 6.85kg, £1991.84

Xeon RS 4000

Aluminium, Dura Ace, Mavic Krisium Elite, claimed 6.6kg, £1915.20

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
None of them... for the simple reason that I would go for disc brake goodness, the Rose Xeon CDX Disc 3100 Di2 (in Blue of course)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have a Rose trekking bike and can recommend the brand.

I'm no roadie, but it seems to me size is more critical on a road bike.

This puts you at a bit of a disadvantage when buying online.

You are allowed to inspect the bike when it arrives 'as you would in a shop', which should be sufficient to check the size.

Rose will change the bike if it's the wrong size, but I would check the terms of that with them before ordering.

My bike arrived in a box with no packaging, so re-boxing it would not have been difficult, but there's still the faff of sorting courier pick up.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The alloy one, as I already have a Xeon CRS3000, and I'd like to compare the frames.^_^

Kbrook

Veteran
I've just bought this, had it 4 days, cost me £860 because it was a showroom model. Ultegra 11 speed.Its fantastic, love it more than my carbon for sure. Irrelevant to your post but just wanted to share.
image.jpg

Kbrook

Veteran
I have a Rose trekking bike and can recommend the brand.

I'm no roadie, but it seems to me size is more critical on a road bike.

This puts you at a bit of a disadvantage when buying online.

You are allowed to inspect the bike when it arrives 'as you would in a shop', which should be sufficient to check the size.

Rose will change the bike if it's the wrong size, but I would check the terms of that with them before ordering.

My bike arrived in a box with no packaging, so re-boxing it would not have been difficult, but there's still the faff of sorting courier pick up.

Just after Xmas, I had a different bike delivered from Rose. Unfortunately I didn't like the finish on the frame( my fault for not researching enough before) so I sent it back. I just put it in the box it came in, filled in the return label and dropped it off at the post office for Parcel force to collect. Got a full refund, no hassle, in fact I actually got a £50 voucher on top because of a slight delay to the refund due to me changing debit cards. Top company.

Kbrook

Veteran
One important thing to note is that earlier this week I got an email saying due to exchange rate with the dollar, prices were going up by 8% but if you order before the end of the month they will honour the old price. May be a case that if prices have increased you need to ring them to get the old price.

Kbrook

Veteran
Email...

The euro has fallen more than 20 % against the dollar. A large part of the international trade is done on the basis of US dollars. Because of the high demand for our bikes, we had to do repeat orders and are thus forced to adjust the prices, but not to the full extent. We are going to increase the prices for our bikes by 8 % from 1st May 2015. Buy a bike at the old price now, because all orders made until 30th April 2015 are not affected by the

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Email...

The euro has fallen more than 20 % against the dollar. A large part of the international trade is done on the basis of US dollars. Because of the high demand for our bikes, we had to do repeat orders and are thus forced to adjust the prices, but not to the full extent. We are going to increase the prices for our bikes by 8 % from 1st May 2015. Buy a bike at the old price now, because all orders made until 30th April 2015 are not affected by the

Now that is helpful to anyone thinking of buying a Rose.

I'm no roadie, but I thought the bikes in the OP's first post were plenty of money already.

Top Bottom