If you could only keep ONE bike, Which one would it be and Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have been around for 65 years and have never had anything but rim breaks, and probably never will. They have served me well and I trust them. Not a speedster, so no need to stop on a dime. Plus I know how to work on them. Same thing with suspension on bikes, never had it, don’t feel the need. But when I do ride my single speed, I often wish I had the gears from my other bikes! But it has its own beauty to it as well. Yeah, so I am not really a one bike person!
They be brakes 👍

Binka

Über Member
My bikes.

Liv Langma Advanced Pro1
Liv Avail AR 2
Liv Alight
Ice Sprint trike
Marin mtb
Giant mtb
Raleigh Twenty

i think I’d keep the Avail. Can do roads and gravel.

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
My trike, why I haven't fallen off it as yet..........:laugh:
I hear ya, NN! In the last eight years living right outside of Washington DC, I have gone down five times. Very thankful for gloves, and even my helmet which one time kissed a fence in my defense. Perhaps in my old(er) age I will move back to something like a single speed beach cruiser. Loved them as a kid. Now all I need is to live near a beach. Trike safety sounds like a wonderful thing. But given my record, I bet I could tip one over riding, somehow! :B)

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Now I got to the age where the knees have gone, the eyes are going, the hair fell out ages ago and everything seems to be going south it has to be my Raleigh Motus E-bike. It`s like changing from a manual car to an automatic. Just a little bit easier but does the job nicely ;)
Right on. I wanna ride til I drop, so when my legs only want to barely help me out, I'll welcome elec assist technology. Maybe by then it will help keep me balanced too! Good on ya for keepin on. LOL, I will be riding sometime and feel like I am clipping along quite well, only to have someone else pass me like a breeze. But I’m still going and enjoying it, so all is good. :becool:

Mrs M

Guru
Probably my mtb
Semi fat tyres but not sluggish, go anywhere, dropper post, love it

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Bike number number 11* has just arrived so I doubt I have the time to whittle it down to one.

* Plus two recumbent trikes
These numbers amaze me, FF. I don’t think I own 11 13 of ANYthing. At least now I can say to my wife, “you think with three bikes I have a lot? I know of this guy in the UK...” Thanks for sharing! :okay:

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Probably my mtb
Semi fat tyres but not sluggish, go anywhere, dropper post, love it
View attachment 596495
View attachment 596496
I love the look of your pedals and bar ends with the dark overall color of your bike. Sweet companion by you side also. I mostly ride my mountain bike off the trails, so I eventually swapped my 1.95 inch knobby tires out for 1.5 inch semi-street tires. It felt like my bike was one or two gears easier to pedal than before! Plus, I can still ride on trails, so I get the best of both worlds with it. The trails around me where I live are used a lot by hikers, walkers, families with their kids and dogs in the nice weather, so it is a tough place to ride a bike. At these times I would rather just ride in residential neighborhoods and on less-travelled-roads then keep making people on the trails feel like they have to get out of my way. In cold weather the trails are all mine! Easier riding in the cold than the extreme heat anyway. Here's my ol' faithful...

1624998989200.jpeg

Top Bottom