iLB's ride to India ...progress report...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
I was worried for a moment that the unrelenting sun had driven him mad and he had started going round in circles.

Last edited:

iLB

Hello there
The eagle has landed.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I know you are far removed :unsure: ... but using eagles as couriers :ohmy: ... way better than Amazon's proposal of drones though ! :biggrin:

Hope the fitting goes well and you are soon on your exciting and fascinating way again. :bicycle: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A quick update from the lad himself.

The Pannier rack donated by @Gez73 has finally arrived. Though the tube of High5 tabs I sent haven't. I wasn't sure if the Uzbek/Russian customs would allow the tabs through thinking they are some sort of class A drug or something.

Anyway.. Andy is fixing the rack/bike up today so he can get on his way tomorrow. His plan is to head south east to cross the border into Tajikistan to the town of Dushanbe by Sunday. He'll spend two nights there which should give him enough time to get the special permit to ride the Pamir Highway (Road M41) which basically follows the the Tajik/Afghan border and Gunt River. On through the mountains to Murgab and then north to Osh and Bishkeke in Kyrgyzstan by the end of August. That's the plan at them moment. From there on it's a bit up in the air as he will have to wait for a Chinese and Pakistan Visa which can take 7 weeks which means he will be on the road again October/November. By that time he may not be able to get through if snow comes. So fingers crossed the Visa turns up sooner rather then later so he can be on his way.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
A quick update from the lad himself.

The Pannier rack donated by @Gez73 has finally arrived. Though the tube of High5 tabs I sent haven't. I wasn't sure if the Uzbek/Russian customs would allow the tabs through thinking they are some sort of class A drug or something.

Anyway.. Andy is fixing the rack/bike up today so he can get on his way tomorrow. His plan is to head south east to cross the border into Tajikistan to the town of Dushanbe by Sunday. He'll spend two nights there which should give him enough time to get the special permit to ride the Pamir Highway (Road M41) which basically follows the the Tajik/Afghan border and Gunt River. On through the mountains to Murgab and then north to Osh and Bishkeke in Kyrgyzstan by the end of August. That's the plan at them moment. From there on it's a bit up in the air as he will have to wait for a Chinese and Pakistan Visa which can take 7 weeks which means he will be on the road again October/November. By that time he may not be able to get through if snow comes. So fingers crossed the Visa turns up sooner rather then later so he can be on his way.
Blimey, everything crossed that it does. I would hate to think that after all this he was stopped by snow.

Day 118 Khiva, Uzbekistan.

A morning stroll in the old city of Khiva before the sun hits full strength.

View attachment 135216

View attachment 135217

Thats a very pretty shrine
KaltaMinor2.jpg

Top Bottom