i'll be in trouble with the wife but...

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by kedab, 29 Jul 2012.

1. kedab

kedab Über Member

i'm going to buy a new bike tomorrow :rolleyes: she wants me to sell my current squeeze before i get the new one but i can't wait...i'm too excited now to hold off before i buy it so i'll deal with the ear-bashing. i did offer it to her but she's not interested so, just call me 2bikekedab for a few weeks :hello: hopefully it won't take long to sell and she won't notice there are two beautiful bikes at home :whistle:

MissTillyFlop likes this.
  2. MissTillyFlop

MissTillyFlop Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.

Or 12

3. OP
    OP
    kedab

kedab Über Member

haha! i could probably hide 2, maybe 3 around the home and shed and garden...anymore than that and i think i'll give the game away ^_^

4. fossala

fossala Veteran

What you getting?

5. OP
    OP
    kedab

kedab Über Member

the giant cityspeed is going up for sale - the new machine will be another giant - tcr composite 2012. i can't wait :hyper:

6. fossala

fossala Veteran

It's going to be hard to fall asleep tonight!

7. OP
    OP
    kedab

kedab Über Member

i'll be up with the lark and knocking on the shop door for opening time

8. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

any cyclist needs at least 4 bikes

MissTillyFlop likes this.
  9. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Tell your wife to sign up to CC and we will "have a word" with her.:thumbsup:

kedab likes this.
  10. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

I may accidentally buy a Giant Defy tomorrow ;) It's not quite as hardcore a sportster as most so should be fine for good weather commuting duties. That'll take me to 7 in the stable!

11. OP
    OP
    kedab

kedab Über Member

i have it :wahhey:not long been back from my 10 mile loop to give it the once over. first impressions - out on the main roads where there are far less ruts trying to shake me to pieces, it's pretty forgiving. i was riding into a head wind on the way out and i only grumbled once! coming back with a bit of a tailwind i put it in the big gear and my word - it rockets along! i'm not the strongest of riders right now but the composite frame is phenomenal - in short, i love it - just need to get used to the position and tweak the fit a little but the shop did a decent job so it's only fine tuning.

IanT likes this.
  12. IanT

IanT http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk

Don't ne too concerned by the two bike situation - just remember the formula; n+1!!!

13. xpc316e

xpc316e Senior Member

It's not n+1 that one needs to remember - it's the d-1 bit you must not ignore!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice