I'm all steamed up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I have a slight problem in that in this weather my cycling glasses are steaming up bad, whenever I stop at junctions or traffic lights.

Got so bad I had to ride for a while with them in my hand until I found a safe place to stop to clean them off.

Is there any sort of wipes / chemical I can put on them to prevent this from happening?

many thanks in advance

Been having the same problem, Im usually ok but with the weather getting colder I have been wearing either a skull cap or ear warmer. This seems to make my glasses steam up more.
Only happens with my cheapo's on, my adaptalites are vented so dont have the same issue with them.

tandemman

just draw a series of lines on the lenses, both sides with a little piece of dry hard soap, then polish it off.It wont steam up for a long time.

Lambchop

My glasses came with an 'anti-fog' cloth wipe that seems to work well.

In the past I have used Rain x - does a good job... The stuff for car windscreens and motorbike visors.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Try smearing the lenses with cat crap. (sorry I love giving people that advice) it's an anti fog cream available online.

Jonathan M

Gerry Attrick said:
Most opticians and supermarkets sell anti-fog wipes. Or you could try the tiniest spot of washing up liquid well polished into the lens. Motorcycle shops sell anti mist sprays for visors which are very effective.

+1 for this. I clean my M-frame lenses in washing up liquid but I don't rinse them 100%. Wiping dry with the soft case then seems to prevent any condensation occuring. Dirty lenses seem to get misty quickly, so I always try to clean the lenses before every ride.

Dave5N

Über Member
Can of silicone.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Get some Oakleys. Mine occasionally steam up at the lights slightly, but are clear again within seconds of the airflow restarting as we move off.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Flying Dodo said:
I just get in the habit of moving the glasses down my nose a bit when I come to a halt, which stops them steaming up. Then when I set off, a bit of nose wiggling pushes them back up again.

I use this method too - it's cheaper than Oakleys!

Top Bottom